18K Gold Nib, #6 Size, Medium Point

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I am in need of an 18K gold nib, #6, medium point. I prefer a "Bock" or as a second choice , a "German Made" nib. If you have one to sell, great! Please PM with details.

If you do not have one to sell, can you suggest a possible source?

Some details: This nib is to be mounted to a Lotus kit pen, so I am needing only the nib, not a triple unit. The customer specified 18K, so 14K is not an option.

Thanks for any help here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I had checked CN, but they only deal in steel nibs. Seems like with a name like that, the gold nibs would be available? :confused:

Meister Nibs is the one for this. Reasonable price, and he has a compatibility statement on the site...good for all standard kits. That will be my choice, unless anyone come up with a 'Bock' in the next few days.

SteveG

Steve. You can buy 14k bock nibs at Home page

Thanks Jonathon, that is a nice resource for nibs. My sales are 'impulse buys' primarily. I will only occasionally sell a FP where the customer requests a solid gold nib, and so I do not always keep a stock of gold nibs due to the expense of maintaining an inventory. Having a ready ordering source is just the right answer for my situation.

PR_Princess

This would look awesome on a Lotus! 18K #6, Medium point
I can take it off of the triple.

(Sorry for the quick pic.)

Attachments

• 18K-Heritance#6-Med.jpg
    18K-Heritance#6-Med.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Skie_M

Think he's specifying a solid 18 ct gold nib, not a plated gold nib with stainless steel base ...

Saw one on ebay, though ... solid 18 ct gold, medium point ... size not specified, I expect you'ld have to contact the seller over that ... location is Italy, hand made in Germany by Bock... current price is 225 US dollars, at 50% off, free shipping.

Good luck getting what you're looking for! :)

Skie_M

Aha, I see ... so the gold plated and gilded nibs are not labeled in that manner in order to avoid confusion?

So that one's white gold with yellow gold wings and point ... quite pretty. :)

Phil Dart

We have Bock 18k in medium in stock Steve if that is any help. Fine and broad are also on their way from Bock and should be here in about a weeks time.

SteveG

NEED HELP!!

I have just received the 18K Jowo Triple from Dawn. She is right...this nib will look fantastic on the Lotus style pen. I have a small problem: removing the nib from the triple where it is presently residing. I need to fit the nib to the Lotus. It is just stuck in there TIGHT! Does anyone have a suggestion for getting that feed/nib out of there without doing damage? I have reasonably strong hands and fingers, but cannot get it to budge when trying to unscrew the feed from the housing. Also unsuccessful trying to just pull the nib out directly. I am being a bit cautious, since the the customer has already put down the Big Bucks, and I am sure he does not want a mangled solid gold nib on his new pen! :eek:

Skie_M

I'ld try the suggestion involving the hot water, first .... with a small variation that could help!

The hot water will make the parts expand, and it should make the gold expand quite a bit less than the other parts .... but if that isn't enough to loosen the feed, try touching the hot nib and feed (NOT the housing) to some ice-cold water to shrink just THOSE parts back down quickly and then pulling the nib and feed straight out?

Get some grip tubing round the upper feed housing to protect it and get a better grip on it too! :) (silicone or rubber gasket material works .... that non-slip mat stuff they sell for lining kitchen cabinets is awesome too!)

Phil Dart

If you don't need the YoWo housing Steve, and its going to end up in the bin anyway, don't waste your time with all the techniques you're learning about on various forums. Just turn the thing on its back and cut along the length of the housing with a mini cutting disk in a Dremmel or similar. You just need to cut the housing through to the feed. The job takes about 5 seconds and guarantees that you won't be distorting the fragile tines on what is a very vulnerable nib.

I'm sure some folks will feel that is like using a hammer to crack a nut, but believe me, I deal with literally dozens of nibs a week, and sometimes that really is the best way if you don't need the housing.

Mind your fingers.

Top Bottom