1.5x1.5 Acrylic Scraps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brey

I'm working to make a large inventory of neckerchief slides for cub scouts and leaders as give-away thank you's.

I need acrylic scraps (or wood scraps, if that's all that's available) - 1.5x1.5" ish - around 3/4" (or greater) in length.

If anyone has a pile and is willing to part with them for free - I can pay shipping. Or, if anyone is aware of vendors that sell large scraps piles of this size acrylic at an aggressive price (as I'm giving these all away as I serve, I can't afford to spend much), let me know.

Please post here if you have any/aware where I can find them.

Thanks!
Brian

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Very cool!

I don't have any acrylic but I do have some wood. If you don't find any acrylic scraps let me know and I'll send you some wood along this week. No charge just let me know how much you need.

brey

Very cool!

I don't have any acrylic but I do have some wood. If you don't find any acrylic scraps let me know and I'll send you some wood along this week. No charge just let me know how much you need.

Wood is great, too, thanks! I'll be able to use as much as I can get my hands on (I'm needing to make 50-100 as I serve in a role where I interact with lots of other Scouters).

Let me know if you're still up for it and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks!
Brian

BSea

I have some bottle stopper rejects that are 1.4 round X 2.5 long.

Do you have any colors you'd like. I might do some experimental pours. And this would be for a good cause.

brey

I have some bottle stopper rejects that are 1.4 round X 2.5 long.

Do you have any colors you'd like. I might do some experimental pours. And this would be for a good cause.

Thanks! I'll PM you my address. Let me know the cost of shipping when you're ready to send.

Cub Scout colors are royal blue, yellow. Also white could be included in if you're looking for creativity.

Thanks again!
Brian

elody21

Hi Brian,
Would 2x2" x 1/2" corian pieces work?
Let me know I can get about 265 in a medium rate box. Postage $13.00.
Would all colors work or mostly boy colors?
Alice

brey

Hi Brian,
Would 2x2" x 1/2" corian pieces work?
Let me know I can get about 265 in a medium rate box. Postage $13.00.
Would all colors work or mostly boy colors?
Alice

I should be able to make 1/2" pieces work, thanks!! Majority of boy colors is good, although a few girl wouldn't be bad as there are some women adult leaders that I'd like to gift them to.

I'll coordinate address/PP via PM.

southernclay

Wood is great, too, thanks! I'll be able to use as much as I can get my hands on (I'm needing to make 50-100 as I serve in a role where I interact with lots of other Scouters).

Let me know if you're still up for it and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks!
Brian

Hey Brian
Yes please send address. I have some stuff that should work out. Worse case you can have some extra turning stock to play with. Anyone that helps with scouting is cool in my book.
Thanks for being willing to turn them.

Brian;
Do you need more? I've got 10 cut off ends of Tru-Stone, each about 1/4 - 1/2" x 3" X 6", in various colors. If you want them they are yours for the shipping. I'll throw in some 2P-10 CA Glue to help the Boy Scouts out, too!

brey

Brian;
Do you need more? I've got 10 cut off ends of Tru-Stone, each about 1/4 - 1/2" x 3" X 6", in various colors. If you want them they are yours for the shipping. I'll throw in some 2P-10 CA Glue to help the Boy Scouts out, too!

Tru-stone sounds like fun - especially those closer to 1/2". I'll reach out via PM.

Thanks!

brey

All posts and PMs replied to. Looks like a great/fun variety of pieces here, from corian to wood to acrylic. Thanks for the generous outpouring of help all! Once I turn the first sets, I'll take and post some pictures.

If anyone else has anything else/thinks of anything else let me know. I'd like to generate as many as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom