0.450 x 26 tap for Sharpie - buy or trade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I've been asked to make some pens that use the Sharpie refill.

Willing to buy or trade for pen blanks, whichever you'd prefer.

I probably only need the tap for a week or two, if you have one that you want to keep but would be willing to loan out -- I'll gladly pay something for the privilege, or send a nice pen blank with the tap when I return it.

Duncan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tool-man

I have been thinking about making Sharpie refill pens myself, but have not bought the tap needed.

I'm curious - have you tried using a metric tap, size 11 x 1? That is a standard tap size and pretty close to 0.45 x 26.

duncsuss

I'm curious - have you tried using a metric tap, size 11 x 1? That is a standard tap size and pretty close to 0.45 x 26.

No, I haven't tried any experiments.

There are a couple of threads on the subject (including the one that led to a group buy of the correct tap for the part) where people shared their results of trying not-the-correct-tap.

It didn't seem worth repeating those experiments, at least not if I can get the right tooling.

Sharpie pens must be the hot thing this year. I've got a request as well. I cleared it with Duncan, and am adding my name to the list here.

Group buy, anyone?

JDennis

I am in for a group buy. In fact, I have recent contact info available and a cost. Might need to be asked again as this was about two months ago. I just do not have the time to conduct a buy. I am currently traveling for job right now. If anyone wants contact info, send me a PM and I will send it to you.

duncsuss

I am in for a group buy. In fact, I have recent contact info available and a cost. Might need to be asked again as this was about two months ago. I just do not have the time to conduct a buy. I am currently traveling for job right now. If anyone wants contact info, send me a PM and I will send it to you.

Yussef has started an "anyone interested?" thread ... link ... the more the merrier :biggrin:

Top Bottom