Sad News

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

This is really hard. Many of you met Jeff Bise at a meeting last year, and others saw him on the news as the partially paralyzed veteran who found a new purpose in turning pens. And many outside our local group also knew of Jeff through threads on this forum. Some sent contributions to our local VA hospital to help the VA pen turning activity.

On Tuesday, Jeff fell from his van. Both he and his wheelchair fell, and caused internal injuries. Jeff passed away on Friday from his injuries.

Jeff was truly a person who made pen turning his passion. He was selling pens in at least 1 gallery, and was going to sell some at Vanness (a large local pen store). Most of you don't know this, but he was planning on hosting the summer pen meeting at his new apartment. From those that knew him best, the last year of his life was probably one of his most enjoyable. And all from turning pens. For those who may not have seen the earlier thread about his television interview, here's the link:

Only in Arkansas: Army Vet Turns Pen Maker - Story

Rest in Peace Jeff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDE

Bob, I hate to hear that. Jeff had it all going his way lately. He was a really upbeat guy when I met him. That makes the two pens I have from him really special. Our prayers are with his family. Ted

Top Bottom