October 22 meeting - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Central Arkansas
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDE

Photos: 0

Default October 22 meeting

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get started. The address for the meeting is 107 Anthony St. Tuckerman. We need to get a demo or two. I'm going to bring my lathe over and Dave Gunn said he could bring his if we could use two. I know there will be another step in kitless pens. If anyone has something they would like ,speak up. I probably could get Eugene to show how he makes his rolling pins. I could do a simple segment if anyone would be interested. I will post directions a little later. I'm open for ideas on demos. My friends said they would make chicken spaghetti and lasagna. I guess we can bring what we want to drink and if you want to bring something else that will be fine. Becky said she would make banana pudding. I'm doing this on my phone so I hope it makes sense.
TDE is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Any ideas yet on demos? Do I need to bring my lathe?

Chicken spaghetti sounds delicious, I can hardly wait.

Visit my website for project pictures and videos
http://dlgwoodwork.com
DLGunn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDE

Default Demos

I talked to Bob and hanau sent him a set ofcarbide tools for the va turners and we were thinking it might be a good demo to make handles for the tools. I'm going to ask Eugene if he would show how he turns his rolling pins also. If it's not too much trouble I think it would be cool to have two lathes , but do we want to miss one demo while watching another? We have a while to think about it. Ted

Last edited by TDE; 08-31-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added hanau
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

What times are the meetings?
For kitless pens, will you be demonstrating the thread making any time soon?

I am in MS but there are no meetings over here or in the Memphis area, and since I am only 7 miles from the MS river, 30 miles from Memphis, and have a daughter and 5 grandkids in Augusta (well 4, with 1 at Ouachita Baptist), I figured I might try to meet with you Arkansas fellows. Not 100% sure about being free on that day, but I am going to try - if you don't mind.

I mentioned this to Scott a couple of weeks ago.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
TDE

lee, our meetings start at 10ish usually till 2ish. How's that for precise? We would be glad to have you. Always good to meet other turners. Hope you can make it. I'm not sure what kitless part will be shown. Scott would be better to respond to that question.Ted

Last edited by TDE; 09-01-2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: add kitless info
Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehljp View Post
What times are the meetings?
For kitless pens, will you be demonstrating the thread making any time soon?

I am in MS but there are no meetings over here or in the Memphis area, and since I am only 7 miles from the MS river, 30 miles from Memphis, and have a daughter and 5 grandkids in Augusta (well 4, with 1 at Ouachita Baptist), I figured I might try to meet with you Arkansas fellows. Not 100% sure about being free on that day, but I am going to try - if you don't mind.

I mentioned this to Scott a couple of weeks ago.
There will be threading done at this next meeting. The plan is to show all aspects of a kitless pen over the course of meetings this year. Next up is either the barrel or cap. But both involve threading.

Anyone is welcome to attend. We'd be glad to have you. In fact we'll have a guy that's in the Air Force at this next meeting who's stationed in Japan right now (Weren't you over there for awhile?). He was stationed here, but moved over there last year. He's back for a few months of training, and is supposed to do the kitless demo.

Central Arkansas IAP Chapter Member
BSea is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-03-2016, 03:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 15

Sorry guys, I won't be there. Training was cancelled between October-December, the next class is in January but my wife is pregnant and due in February. I'm going to push off the class a few more months and hopefully make it back next summer around June. I'll be there two full months so I should be able to make a meeting, at least I hope I can.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

I appreciate the open door policy!

I got a call yesterday about a class reunion on that date (22nd) over here. I told them I had a previous commitment (2). I still am trying to change one other meeting that has been scheduled since June.

I have to get my priorities in order! Pens first! Thanks.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 23

Looks like I will miss the October 22 meeting. I am having hip replacement surgery on October 4 and I seriously doubt that it would be good for me to travel that soon. I'll ask the surgeon and then decide based on how the rehab is going.
Central Arkansas IAP Chapter Member
edman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 15

Freddie, I am hoping for the best! Speedy recovery my friend!
wwneko is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads