New one here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KAA

Just found this sight and thought I would say HI. I am in NLR, just retired and all of this is new to me. I don't have a lathe yet and was wondering is there someone here that teaches? I have seen the art center teaches but don't know much about it. Thanks for any help. KAA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Welcome aboard!!!!

Not sure if anyone is closer, but being 'gimped' up right now might not make for the best teacher....I'm in Cabot though and your welcome to come by and such. Just shoot me a message for contact info....

Scott (got plenty of stuff to turn) B

TDE

turning help

Welcome KAA, Be careful if you go to Scott's house. Don't take your truck for sure. He isn't lying about having plenty to turn. You may have more than you can turn in a WHILE. Wish you could have came to our meeting last Saturday. We always have a good time. We'll get you there next meeting for sure. Hope you decide to get involved in turning. Congratulations on your retirement. I don't like as much as I did but still a couple of years. Take care, Ted:)

Further south....

Welcome to pen turning from LA (lower Arkansas)..I am about 2 1/2 to 3 hours south @ Crossett...We will have another Central Arkansas Pen turners meeting in June...stay n touch..

BJohn

Welcome to the IAP. I am also just up the road in Cabot.

If you don't want to wait till June for the next Pen Turners meeting. Which I must say was really pretty good last week (first my wife and I have been to) she is a turner also.

But any how. The Diamond State Wood Turners meet the third Thursday of each month right up the road and a little closer in Jacksonville. We meet from 6:30pm till 8:30pm. You did just miss the meeting last Thursday but the next meeting is April 21st.

There are members with varied interest's in turning. Pens, bowl, hollow forms and more.

We have a demo every month on some type of turning. So you be exposed to a lot of different things. And believe me the techniques for one apply to all. We also have a turning session at a members home shop were you can get hands on experience in turning with using the varied tools. It is usually on the Saturday after the meeting.

Let me know if you might be interested in checking it out, you would be more then welcome. Be glad to supply you with directions to the meeting location and other info.

BSea

I'm in LR, and would be glad to let you do some turning on my lathe too. My garage is full right now since I'm having my deck replaced, and everything from my deck, and much of the wood and tools for building the deck is in my garage right now. But in about a week, I should be back in business.

Our next meeting is going to be in NLR on the 18th of June. Here's the thread that will give you the information. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f153/june-18th-2016-a-139628/ A lot of the details will be coming later, but if you'll subscribe to the thread, and have your settings right, you'll get emails whenever anyone posts to the thread.

Also, if you'll PM me your name, phn number, and e-mail, I'll add you to our roster.

BJohn

I will be in touch in the next couple of weeks, unfortunately because of the way the dates are falling, the next meeting is 4 weeks away.

But time will fly.If you have seen how to receive and send a (pm) private message I will send you my cell number feel free to call me with questions.

Kens Pens

Just found this sight and thought I would say HI. I am in NLR, just retired and all of this is new to me. I don't have a lathe yet and was wondering is there someone here that teaches? I have seen the art center teaches but don't know much about it. Thanks for any help. KAA

I am in NLR too and il teach you. call me Ken 501-681-9980

Top Bottom