June 13th 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

Yes, a big thank you to Ken and Nancy for hosting us. I had a great time.

If you weren't there, some things you missed out on:
Corvettes
Shrimp
Brownies
Trains
Knives

Oh, there was also lots of pen turning talk, a polish comparison, and Scott turned a duck call that I got to carry home. It was great seeing everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wwneko

Yes, Nancy and Ken thank you for opening up your gorgeous house to us for the meeting. I really enjoyed myself and left with some great food in my belly. I hope Ken Betty and Alyssa continue to do the great things at the VA, thank you for doing that. I hope to see you all still meeting in 4 or so years. And Thank you again Bob for the demo!

BSea

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Any pictures? Scott's usually good for a few pics for those of us who couldn't be there.

Did you guys decide on a date for the next meeting? The only Saturday in September I'll be available is the 26th. Thought I'd get this out there if a date hasn't been finalized. Are you still going to be in town James?

wwneko

WHOOPS

Yes, Nancy and Ken thank you for opening up your gorgeous house to us for the meeting. I really enjoyed myself and left with some great food in my belly. I hope Ken Betty and Alyssa continue to do the great things at the VA, thank you for doing that. I hope to see you all still meeting in 4 or so years. And Thank you again Bob for the demo!

Thank you SCOTT for the demo, I don't know how I did that. It was late, that's my excuse... SORRY SCOTT

Bob there was a date set I think the 19th was the date, maybe they will adjust if nobody has something conflicting the 26th. I won't be there either way :frown:

SDB777

Bob,

No photo's, was a little busy with the duck call.... I think Ken took one of the finished demo call, but I didn't. It went on the table as a 'swap'!

The date for the next meeting was sort of discussed, and I 'highlighted' the date in the phone calendar as the 19th of September....far enough away from Labor Day as to not conflict with most peoples holiday plans. But if that doesn't work for anyone, some more people need to attend(Lyn and I have been at all but the very first meeting).....

Big thanks to Ken and Nancy again for opening up their home to the group! It was a nice day and Lyn and myself had fun!!!!

Scott (trains and cars - oh my) B

I am having "Pen withdrawal Symptoms" ! lol I can't seem to get to a meeting out of town...I really am sorry to have missed this meeting...hopefully next time...My father in law passed away unexpectedly & we had family from Norman, OK to Del Rio, TX to Johanasburg South Africa here, & I just couldn't get away. Sound like ya'll had a good time though...hate I missed the duck call turnin'. Next Saturday we are having the 2nd Annual Artisan Co-op Festival here in Crosset...we don't know what to expect about its success ..I guess "time will tell" see ya'll in September!

Kens Pens

Thanks to all of you for your kind words regarding the June meeting. Nancy and I thoroughly enjoyed the 10 pen turners who attended. You are welcome in our home any time.
Enjoy the pictures. (when Nancy figures out how to insert them)
Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

Ken

Top Bottom