August meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you rather....

• Have a normal meeting with demos and a pen swap?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's too hot in August to do anything?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SDB777

Hold on a sec....this is gonna be a poll! Please only vote if you are in the Arkansas area....that way we will know what to do for the meeting.

Scott (August 17th is the date) B

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What river?

I voted! I am flexible. I haven't started wearing my cut-off britches yet,
(white legs look like toothpics on a watermellon) but I can dress accordingly, & I can't swim so, I need to stay close to high ground....
Let me know where....:biggrin::musical-note:

BSea

I voted! I am flexible. I haven't started wearing my cut-off britches yet,
(white legs look like toothpics on a watermellon) but I can dress accordingly, & I can't swim so, I need to stay close to high ground....
Let me know where....:biggrin::musical-note:
We're talking about the Arkansas River and one of the covered pavilions in Rebsamen Park. But nothing is decided as to a place yet. We're open to suggestions.

Knucklefish

Another great place is Maumelle State Park. It's right on the river too. Nice and shady! :beer:
9009 Road, Little Rock, AR 72802 Pinnacle Valley

BSea

Maumelle State Park has pavilions available for $50. Right now all the pavilions are available. I'll go by there in the next few days & see which ones might be better. And if that's ok with everyone, I'll reserve one. And if someone wants to bring a small lathe, I'll bring a small generator. I need to make sure it will run the lathe, but I think it should.

Knucklefish

Maumelle State Park has pavilions available for $50. Right now all the pavilions are available. I'll go by there in the next few days & see which ones might be better. And if that's ok with everyone, I'll reserve one. And if someone wants to bring a small lathe, I'll bring a small generator. I need to make sure it will run the lathe, but I think it should.

Let me know when you go by there and maybe I'll ride along.

SDB777

We just mowed the grass on Pinnacle Valley Rd(and bike trail) the other day.....even though everyone on a bike is in the middle of the road(even in traffic...little strange?)

Nice park too!

Scott (we're turning stuff?) B

BSea

Bob.....how did the parks visit go?

John & I visited the park today. We picked Pavilion #1. It has the most parking and a view of the river. There are 2 grills, but we might need to find a decent grate. The ones there are in bad shape. The pavilion is covered, and has 2 electrical outlets. There is reasonably room for 50 people, so I think we'll fit.:rolleyes: Even if we bring immediate family . . . . . . . . in-laws . . . . . . 3rd cousins . . . . . . . friends of 3rd cousins. Well, you get the idea.

There was a $50 fee for the site which John paid, so no matter what, the site is ours for August the 17th from 9am till 9pm. Of course we won't be there near that late. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't think of it till after we left. I'm sure I'll be out that way within a week or so, and I'll be sure & take a picture then.

I did get a map & scanned it. It's attached. By the way, even though it's called Maumelle Park, it's not in Maumelle. You get to it by going out Highway 10. Turn right on Pinnacle Valley Road, and just follow the road till you see the signs for the park. You really can't miss it. For those not familiar with Highway 10 west of Little Rock, I'll get some accurate mileage and land marks in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• Maumelle Park Map.PDF
    891.4 KB · Views: 301

BSea

I'm thinking we all bring whatever we want to cook & drink. Scott said he'd bring some charcoal, so we just need to chip in for the charcoal and the pavilion. I'll bring some hickory for the fire, but that's free.:rolleyes:

I think the plan is to do another $10 swap. I'm planning on it anyway.

BSea

Here are a few pics.

1st is the turn off. It's about 2.5 miles west of I-430 on Cantrell Road/Highway 10.
attachment.php

Next is a few of the pavilion at Maumelle Park.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hopefully the river will be blue instead of brown in August.:rolleyes:

BSea

Ok, let's try this again.

1st is the turn off. It's about 2.5 miles west of I-430 on Cantrell Road/Highway 10.

A few pics of the pavilion. Notice it's pavilion #1. But it's not the 1st pavilion you come to. See the map in a previous post.

SDB777

You are going to turn right on Pinnacle Valley Rd...keep straight over the railroad track. The road will take a bend to the right and you will pass a bike ramp that is to the right going over a 'muddy spot in the creek'... Take the next road you see to the left that is Pinnacle Valley Drive(it will have bike trails on both sides-just watch out cause the bike folks don't use them...they like the middle of the street). The park entrance is straight ahead(if you go around a corner, you missed it)!

Scott (cool I can see the pics now) B

Makin' Plans

School starts here on Monday the 19th but hopefully we will have all of our major maintenance items complete! Will be there if @ all possible! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Attachments

• DSC01008.JPG
    DSC01008.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 200

SDB777

Just a bump to keep this date in front of everyone!

Don't forget, August 17th is the day!!!

Scott (woohoo, going to do a cookout) B

Joshua_30

Bob! Thanks for the invite to join your local chapter. Looking at the map it's about 3 hours from my place, but a trip well worth attending. I will be there on the 17th with the family. I look forward to meeting you and the others from this chapter.

Let me know how else I can contribute to a successful meeting. :biggrin:

Also, the family and I will be out in the hot springs area (for the water park) this weekend. Any recommendations of woodwork shops I can visit?

Last edited:

BSea

Bob! Thanks for the invite to join your local chapter. Looking at the map it's about 3 hours from my place, but a trip well worth attending. I will be there on the 17th with the family. I look forward to meeting you and the others from this chapter.

Let me know how else I can contribute to a successful meeting. :biggrin:

Also, the family and I will be out in the hot springs area (for the water park) this weekend. Any recommendations of woodwork shops I can visit?

Hey Joshua,

Glad you're making the trip over. About the only thing you need to bring is whatever you want to cook and drink. We'll supply charcoal, but that's about it.

Bring some of your work to show, and if you want to participate in the pen swap, bring any pen you'd like top throw in the hat. We have a $10 per pen guideline. So if you bring an emperor, you'll not be getting a comparable pen back.:wink:

And for your trip this weekend, you might want to drop a PM to Watch_art. He's in Hot Springs, and it's worth the trip to see some of his work. But he's planning on coming on the 17th too. (I think)

Dustygoose

Woot! Getting closer. Been quite hectic around Greenbrier for me. Getting married on Aug 10 and been planning. I plan to attend with new wife. I can bring some charcoal too and some Mesquite for the fire. Just not sure if we will be on the bike or the truck.

Top Bottom