Zen vs. Rockler Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, the zen is magnetic, the Rockler description says it screws.

And, apparently, if you buy it, it screws you too!!!:eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Woodlvr

Shame on you Ed:wink: It does resemble the "Stretch" kit that Aaron sells, but probably not the quality of Aarons product.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Neither of these post. Their weight and length would make it too awkward to use if posted.

Basically, the Rockler's and Aaron's are quite similar. Neither are magnetic. I like Aaron's better, personally. The magnetic feature of the Zen pen has the possibility of messing up with PDAs and cell phones that have that data working capacity. I make both so customers have the option.

DurocShark

Unless you can fit your pda inside the cap, the magnetic field isn't strong enough to harm your pda, phone, laptop, talevision, microwave, Mercedes, or pacemaker.

I can't make any promises about cars with Lucas electrics, however.

GouletPens

Looks like the Rockler ones are rhodium and copper....more expensive materials to use than chrome, gold, and black ti. I LOVE the zens, never used the Rocklers cuz if I'm dropping $50 it's on an Emperor or something equally kickass.

USAFVET98

I noticed that as well. Rhodium is a lot more, but 49.00 for that kit is still high.

Looks like the Rockler ones are rhodium and copper....more expensive materials to use than chrome, gold, and black ti. I LOVE the zens, never used the Rocklers cuz if I'm dropping $50 it's on an Emperor or something equally kickass.

makaiolani

Hi guys,

Rockler has the exact same kits as I do. These are from dayacom, and these are the same as the stretch that I sell Mine are considerably cheaper though. I did make some modifications to the top of the cap. I didn't like Dayacom's logo on the top so I had that removed on my new batch.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
However!!

Unless you can fit your pda inside the cap, the magnetic field isn't strong enough to harm your pda, phone, laptop, talevision, microwave, Mercedes, or pacemaker.

I can't make any promises about cars with Lucas electrics, however.

When the zen came out, I was quick to quip, "You don't store any of those things in your top pocket, which is where the pen will be!!" So, I started carrying a zen - "cutting edge, you know".

Went to a swanky hotel near O'Hare for a weekend - parking fees are huge, but the little ticket can be validated in the lobby, to make parking just ridiculously expensive -- down from earthshakingly expensive.

However, when I wanted to exit the parking lot, the little ticket would not trigger the mechanism. (Get on intercom, advise desk I am guest and room number, etc, they let me exit) Next morning, rerun.

Finally, as I left that afternoon, never to return, I realized the magnetic ticket for the car had been in my shirt pocket (next to my zen pen) all weekend.

Deduction: The magnet CAN screw up the parking gizmo!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is true. But mag strips weren't on my list of items. :tongue:

It's been so long since I came across one outside of credit cards, I'd completely forgotten about them.

Me too,

Until the THIRD TIME I took the car out of the lot and it didn't work!!

Top Bottom