The Zen Pen (Question)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I just did a little review of the Zen pen (can be found here http://www.penturners.org/forum/f96/zen-pen-134967/ )

I basically did this because I mentioned at the time I made that pen which happens to be the last pen I made in the shop, that I would test run it because I had some reservations about it. You can read those findings if you like.

But the jist of this posting is a question. As I wrote the review I found myself once again wondering as I did when I first made it about the health hazards of the magnet in the cap. Has there been any warnings or words or postings out there about this kit and or others that use magnets when it comes to Pacemakers or other types of health objects??? Or has there been other posts about any other things that should be avoided when carrying these pens such as cell phones or such. Or is the magnets just not strong enugh to cause a concern??? Thanks in advance.

By the way here is the pen I made if interested. Olive wood with black acrylic stripes and CA top coated.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi JT:

Pacemakers look fine: Questions About Living With a Pacemaker | Medtronic

Smartphones and Harddrives look fine (Unless the magnet is the size of a brick :eek:): Will a magnet damage my smartphone? | blog.first4magnets.com

I will surmise, that the size of magnet in a Zen will not be a problem to anything except the misc garbage in my pockets... (and that is a wide category :redface:).

Oh, I love the pen! That is extremely nice. (and on another post - I did admire your scrollwork :tongue:). Someday when I have the time...

jttheclockman

Thanks Mark on both accounts.

It looks like more people are commenting about this question in the other post I made. I wasn't sure how many people read the reviews thing thus the reason for the 2 posts. But if you look there you may find more answers to this question and it seems mixed as to if it is a concern. I still will mention it to customers and let them decide. Not sure of any legal ramifications.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f96/zen-pen-review-134967/

renichols

JT
Some more food for thought, I Have a Medtronic loop recorder implanted; I work around 10 to 20 hp electric motors daily without any problems. I have also been cleared to have a MRI by both my doc and the manufacture. Again I must stress that this is my situation everyone should check with their doctor for their own situation.

Top Bottom