Your top selling pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

2rcbruce

I have just rented a small booth at a gallery what pen kits do you all suggest? I plan to offer from slims to some of the higher end kits. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

2rcbruce

Stan, the gallery is in a tourist area but many locals have cabins and vac. or summer homes. It is a pretty varied group but they all have money.

mrcook4570

Tourists often like things from the place they are visiting (i.e local woods). People with money like fancier pens. However, my experience has been that pens do not sell themselves. Unless the sales staff is educated about pens and motivated to sell them, slimlines would probably sell best.

TheHeretic

I usually do Cigars and slimlines. and will usually do well with those. Its all in how you do the booth.

Dean
Columbus OH

2rcbruce

Thanks all, I sat up shop today with a good variety of pens. I guess now I will wait to see what sells. I put out a few stoppers that look pretty good, at least I like them. I will report back in a couple of weeks, thanks again bruce

Good luck-- we've had our pens in two close-to-higher-end antique malls- at one, in one of the best areas of Alabama, we didn't sell a single one in 4 months time. At the other, we sold some on a fairly regular basis, mainly because one of the floor workers LOVED the pens, knew a little (little being the operative word lol) about them, but was sure to send a customer to look at them when looking for certain gifts. Of course, they're not antiques but in that setting, they work in nicely. We no longer keep them at the store where they DID sell, mainly b/c they changed their hours & it was near impossible for us to take them back after a show. So, it does make a difference in the sales staff if you are not there to sell the pens yourself. It is always more interesting to know and learn about a pen & any of its history (if its local woods, exotics, etc) than to just look at it. Since you can't be there, use plenty of signage to tout your merchandise!

Good luck
Connie

Rifleman1776

I rarely do shows and then only to support a cause. What will sell for you depends on the type of show and what kind of customers come through. You are in the best position to judge that. Outside of shows, my #1 best seller is the 7mm Euro in Bethlehem Olive wood with a cross clip. In the art gallery Jr. Gents. The few shows I have done, my early (label those disaster) Slimlines in the $5.00 bargain box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom