your most favorite pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aweiss44

I was looking through some pens last night and I found my absolute, most favorite pen. it is a JohnU blank, turkey feathers on a black titanium sierra. I think i'm going to put it onto one of the elegant sierra blanks better. the blank is just absolutely amazing, the pearlesence of the feathers is amazing. honestly, i hope I never sell it.

wondering what everyone elses favorite pen they have made. Im gonna try and get some pics when i get some sun shining.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

My all time favorite is the lone star flag on black and gold titanium sierra- I've sold over 100 of these, and probably sold that many more as blanks to other pen turners.

Attachments

• Lone Star 2.jpg
    Lone Star 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 192

OKLAHOMAN

Trail of Tears

If your asking about a pen we made, I made a series of these in the Emperor,Jr.Emperor and Jr, Statesman. These are my all time favorites.

Attachments

• 480.JPG
    480.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 289

ldb2000

My favorite Fountain pen is my Aluminum and brass hooded nib . I love writing with this pen , it just glides across the paper .

My favorite Ballpoint is my Honduran Rosewood Click Cigar pen . This pen has a great feel and looks fantastic .

ldb2000

Thanks Lyle , That is my most favorite ballpoint I ever made , it goes with me everywhere . It has a Fisher space pen refill and it just feels so good to write with .

OKLAHOMAN

Lyle all my favorites are sold, but you still can send me one of yours:biggrin:.
Butch all your kitless pens are favorites.

kinggabby

My favorite at the moment. Seeing how I am still new at this . I am sure I will have more favorites to come.

Attachments

• mystery 002.jpg
    mystery 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 141

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
My favorite currently is this one. The same one I use in my signature line.
DSC_0691.NEF-1.jpg

But I'm fickle and will soon make another that will be my next favorite pen.

Mike

mick

My favorite is a Chittam burl Jr Satesman I turned several years ago. I love talkin to a group of turners and the conversation almost always turns(pun intended) to unusual woods. The inevitable question always comes up."Ever turned any Chittam Burl?" I proudly show it off!

Grizz

Banned
Spalted Curly Mango. (And yet to find anymore of the stuff. :frown: )

Attachments

• Spalted Mango.jpg
    Spalted Mango.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 157

Reece

My favourite that I made is a Shag Bark Hickory Burl Stretch rollerball. Manny sent me the wood in a recent pen swap.

My favourite pen that I own though is the pen I received in that swap, a closed end black titanium Jr Statesman fountain made from amboyna burl. I still haven't seen a pen even close to that good.

ToddMR

I have two favorites personally.

This one is a Wolftat blank on a satin chrome WS II kit from WC. I have not been able to make myself give this one away yet. lol

146122-438x.jpg

This one is my latest. A Lava Acrylic blank from WoodCraft on a Copper Cigar kit.

158306-438x.jpg

DurocShark

My favorite is a Navigator with Lou's nib. It's had a couple of different barrels on it over the past year I've been writing with it. heh I keep tearing it down and putting different dressings on it. But the furniture is all the same.

My favorite ballpoint is recent... The red white blue and stainless I got in the PITH from Skiprat.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
my favorite

here are a couple of my favorite's x cut osage orange titan . blank from louisbry ( he has the best ) and my specialty the pine cone.on a classic american I don't know why they won't blow up big enough to see?

Attachments

• 1_DSCI0496.jpg
    1_DSCI0496.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 1__19_tutorial.jpg
    1__19_tutorial.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I have a favorite (not a more favorite or most favorite) but unfortunately my picture taking/posting skills are even lower than my turning skills, which still leave a lot to be desired. I will say this though, I have seen so many really nice pens on this site or the websites of some members that I could never name one as "favorite" and will very likely never make one that belongs in that class.

Tanner

Wrigley Field Pen

It's gotta be the Wrigley Field outfield bench pen I made. I purchased a piece of a bench when they replaced some of them at Wrigley Field. I made this pen for my nephew who is a huge Cub fan. I don't even know what type of wood it is.

Attachments

• Emperor Wrigley Field Bleacher Seat.jpg
    Emperor Wrigley Field Bleacher Seat.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 100

kinggabby

Just sold my favorite now I need to find a new favorite.

Attachments

• mystery 002.jpg
    mystery 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 91

Brooks803

Here is my favorite that I've made. I made it as a gift for the pastor that married me and my wife. I've made several like it, but this one was absolutely perfect! You're welcome Hans! :wink:

Black Onyx TruStone Majestic

JohnU

This is my favorite feather pen that Ive made. Ive had lots of blanks I wished I kept and made but this one didnt get away. Its a squire with Ringneck Pheasant feathers over a Curly Maple background, all cast in PR. My mom is the owner of this one.

Attachments

• Maple%20Feather%20Squire_800x535[2].JPG
    Maple%20Feather%20Squire_800x535[2].JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom