Your Favorite Underdog

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy Simmons

Most of us have that kit we love, that no one else seems to...

What's your favorite underrated kit?

Mine is the Presimo From PSI/woodturningz. The 2.5 inch tube gives me 2 perfect barrels per blank, it's got a great weight, writes well, and has a relatively low cost for the selling price (~80 bucks)

They also look really nice all sitting next to each other.

How bout you??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Mine has been the PSI Apollo Infinity. It's got a big size, but light in weight.

Although I'm disappointed because they've removed the Rhodium plated version in favor of Chrome and I prefer the Gold TN and Rhodium finishes.

DigBaddy72

I'll say it!.....I like slim lines!

There....I said it...wasn't so bad....
I am starting to lean more towards the single barrel pens though as I can turn more in the limited amount of time I have in my shop.

LagniappeRob

Virage ballpoint. I didn't think I would like it - thought it to be too feminine but it changes depending on what you put on it. It feels well in the hand too.

Randy Simmons

I'll say it!.....I like slim lines!

There....I said it...wasn't so bad....
I am starting to lean more towards the single barrel pens though as I can turn more in the limited amount of time I have in my shop.

Me too, though I didn't have the guts to say it :biggrin:

I can usually crank out maybe ten or so in a day if I'm really trying, good table filler for shows

lucky13

I have 2 favorite first is the Big Ben Cigar Clicker from PSI, and the second is my new favorite is the Atrax Fountain Pen from Exotic Blanks.

BSea

I guess my favorite is the Jr Retro/Jr Victor. I really like the ability to make a custom finial that is like nothing else out there. My next one is the long click. I just like click pens, and this one works so well, and really shows of the blank. Great canvas for segmenting too. And 3rd I like the Euro for a cross style pen. I like the longer barrel from a standard slimline. And it's as easy to customize as a slimline.

Josh Reid

Mine is the Patriot from CSUSA. Great weight, longer tube for better blank usage and parker style in a smaller pen. Its the one I always find myself going back to.:laugh:

MikeL

Jr Gent/retro and just made my 2nd Apollo Infinity, liking them a lot as well. Someone saw a picture of an Apollo and it sold without touching the pen.

cwolfs69

the click cigar from PSI is my favorite. easy to make. large enough to do some great mods to, ie engraving, decals, clips etc and the click is remarkable in my book. also fond of Woodcraft's Hart double twist. almost like a mini cigar to me and easy to find clips for. the euro clips work great.

Jim Smith

Gee, some of the pens mentioned here I would consider best sellers more than underdogs. That said, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Lipstick pen from PSI. It's actually a very solid kit and unique enough to really stand out albeit this kits really limits you to female customers. I have sold more Lipstick pens than any other kit. Since they are not that expensive, when I have a good customer buy a number of pens, I often throw in a Lipstick pen for his significant other. More often than not, this has resulted in the customer coming back to me with an order of 4 - 6 more Lipstick pens for friends and relatives of his wife/significant other.

Jim Smith

Top Bottom