You Inspired me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaybird

Ok, I had a chance to brouse through alot of your pics and seen just how beautiful your work is, (Everyone) so I just had to try something new, so I looked through my scraps and came across two pieces of Purple Heart and had alot of Corion so why not try my hand at a Segmented pen this is my first, only thing was all the corion I have is 1/2 x 1/2 so in the pic it looks like 4 pieces of Corion nope there's 8 and I can't even see the glue joint, I will put a link here to the pic and hope it works, as I said before all I have is this phone for internet right at the moment and I'm trying to get around these opstickels (I know not spelled right) sorry, lol, but here it is and please be honest its not as good as what I have seen on here..

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1097/13191932/23472281/3911559670.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaybird

Since it worked here is another with a little stand I made..

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
May I suggest you replace the centerband, turn one out of corian or purple heart or something else but match the diameters of the blanks. Your doing well enough you dont have to be constrained with using the centerband from the kit.

jaybird

I have thought of that, but each time I turn a pen that step slips my mind, I have so many small pieces of Corion and even Antler piece I could use to be creative, maybe I should tie a string around my finger as a reminder,, but I'm sure I would forget what the string was for, lol,, I will have to try that with my next one, thanks..

jaybird

Thanks redfishsc, "waist not -want not" I don't throw anything away, those were the nicest tips I had, I made another and can be seen on my profile pic its of older Antlers & Pine,, if I can find some more Cheery or Oak I might make some more,, Thanks....

Top Bottom