Are you a "guy"??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know I am!!

Instructions are for sissys! Gimme the kit, get outta the way!! Pen coming up soon!!!

Well, a couple people have called me about the Cartridge "Click" pen. So, last night I took a kit, went home and made one. Knew there might be issues, so I printed the instructions and, as could be expected, left them on my desk at the office.

BUT, I have made THOUSANDS of pens, WHO needs INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Well, I ruined the "click" mechanism, constructing the pieces. So, this morning I READ the instructions. I now see what I did wrong--so to save others, the LAST components to be installed are the (Is the??) click plunger assembly. (Top of the pen)

If you do this kit by installing the click mechanism, then adding the center trim ring, it will destroy the click mechanism (YES, I AM SURE).

Our on-line instructions, provided by Berea ARE correct---if you read them. I will be changing the instructions on Exotics to show this information in RED BOLD, this weekend.

We will also send out warnings with this kit. When properly assembled, I have been told it is a nice click assembly--by the end of the weekend, I hope to confirm that!!!

BEWARE!!

Any other kits I should know about, where the instructions are IMPORTANT!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I am a man and I don't mind instructions. I don't mind ignoring them or rewriting them to make them better! : )
Give me a decent caliper, a lathe, some wood and a sharp tool and I'm up for the challenge - unless it's a click pen! Then I read the instructions!!!!

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

Well Ed, 98.3726% of the time reading the instructions is a waste of time because you already know what they say. "Place nail A in hole B and smite mightly with hammer C"

But, there is that 1.6274% of the time when they have hidden in a footnote "make sure that you do not have your thumb on the head of nail A when smiting with hammer C"

Last edited:

bensoelberg

I know I am!!

Instructions are for sissys! Gimme the kit, get outta the way!! Pen coming up soon!!!

Well, a couple people have called me about the Cartridge "Click" pen. So, last night I took a kit, went home and made one. Knew there might be issues, so I printed the instructions and, as could be expected, left them on my desk at the office.

Well, I ruined the "click" mechanism, constructing the pieces. So, this morning I READ the instructions. I now see what I did wrong--so to save others, the LAST components to be installed are the (Is the??) click plunger assembly. (Top of the pen)

If you do this kit by installing the click mechanism, then adding the center trim ring, it will destroy the click mechanism (YES, I AM SURE).

Our on-line instructions, provided by Berea ARE correct---if you read them. I will be changing the instructions on Exotics to show this information in RED BOLD, this weekend.

We will also send out warnings with this kit. When properly assembled, I have been told it is a nice click assembly--by the end of the weekend, I hope to confirm that!!!

BEWARE!!

"are the" is correct. Go with your gut instinct and you'll be right most of the time. (unless you are assembling a click...) :biggrin::wink::biggrin:

DozerMite

Banned
When I assemble ANY click pen... The finial/click end always goes on/in LAST. Sometimes it takes a bit of pressure to get the other components in, so if you put the click in first, it will break, or the chances are heightened.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nope

I know I am!!

BEWARE!!

"are the" is correct. Go with your gut instinct and you'll be right most of the time. (unless you are assembling a click...) :biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Maybe ---it might be more proper if it read. "..the last component to be installed is the click assembly" if it is installed as an assembly. If it is installed piece at a time then it should it should say "....components to be installed make up the click assembly" or something like that. In any case English is a messy language.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is the first "click" I have made--in a decade or so. I will make the rest of them soon and make OUR instructions SCREAM.

IF it is in bold red, when assembling I sometimes take a peek (yeah, I know I'm getting old and mellow)

jttheclockman

I think it is a bad message to even suggest any kit does not need instructions to put together. If you want to be foolish and not read them and pay the price later go ahead. we probably all have done it. I may have done many of one type of kit but i always have the instructions there and try to lay out the parts before assembly. Yes I have still made mistakes but think they have been less if I did not do this.

I am sure we have tried to put things together without reading instructions but as we all know sometimes it is costly so my thoughts are all pen kits need instructions and need to be written clearly in large print with clear photos. If you want to chage something ED that is where to change, but then again not sure where your question was heading??? Maybe just was a guy VS women thing:)

I see you were making light of your own mistake now but within your post there is the sales pitch and thnus I made the suggestion I did.

Last edited:

ghostrider

ctubbs

Instructions are just the other guy's idea of how to break it. i can do that just fine by myself, thank you.
Charles

rsulli16

Hi
I ruined a cartridge click assembling it too( it was a (penstate). Even reading the instructions AND watching the on line video. I still don't get it. The click assembly was 3 pieces, i don't think i got them in the right order as i recall.
perhaps you could expand???please use little words and type really, really really slow? :):):):)
Thanks
sulli

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi
I ruined a cartridge click assembling it too( it was a (penstate). Even reading the instructions AND watching the on line video. I still don't get it. The click assembly was 3 pieces, i don't think i got them in the right order as i recall.
perhaps you could expand???please use little words and type really, really really slow? :):):):)
Thanks
sulli

Sorry, I can only tell you about the ones I make and I don't make PSI kits.

Top Bottom