York Gum Burl question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

when I frist started turning pens P.S.I. sold a pen blank under the name of York Gum Burl. since that time they have given this wood a different name. does anyone know what name it goes by now???
I made one pen out of it, sold that pen. Now i have a customer that wants one just like it.
on anouther note, how do you keep people from seeing older versions of your web pages. I have had two orders in the last week for pens that are no longer on my web site. I know tha customers ordered them from old versions of my pages because they where ordered through my pay pal buttons. is there a command I can ad to my html that will cause visiting computers to refresh when my pages are loaded?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Daniel,
I am 90% sure I have some York Gum Burl that I got from Youngturner. If I'm recalling it correctly, it's really pretty! If you contact him, he probably has some in stock. Alternatively, if you're in a hurry and can't wait for it to be shipped from Australia, drop me a PM and we can try to work out a trade.

Daniel

Ed, You get the brownie point [:eek:)]
I had a very small weak voice somewhere in the darker porsions of my head trying to tell me it was Eucalyptus Burl, but it has been so long and way to many projects ago for me to trust.
you all are great. you answered my question and the next one or two I haven't even asked yet.
now if I can just figure out how to stop people from ordering pens I don't even own. actually I may leave that one alone. I still manage to sell them pens after all.

Daniel

Ed, sorry i figured your brownie would spoil in the mail so I ate it for you. It was real good though. Probably the best one you've ever had.
I jsut ordered the blanks from Skip at the Burl Source. He is only a state away and provided custom service for the sizes I wanted.
thanks for the help folks.

Tea Clipper

Feel free to read Section 14.9 Cache-Control from the W3.org but I suspect the following will work for you:

Cache-Control : no-cache

Place that line between your header tags (on every page that you don't won't cached).
Hope that helps,

Daniel

Ron,
With my limited html knowledge I am guessing I need to write it like this.
cache-request-directive =
"no-cache"

Yes? No?
sometimes you have to really take me by the hand and lead me through.
thanks

Fangar

York Gum Burl is great stuff. I get mine for Lee Tree Works too...

Perfect Fit.

200652355653_PerfectFitYorkGumBurl.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Daniel

Ron, I'll give it a try and thanks.
Fangar, I had two pens, one in york Gum and one in Oak Burl. they made a very nice looking set. sold the Oak Burl a long time ago and sold the York gum some time after that. never got around to replacing them. I'm gonna make three this time, cause as your photo shows it is a real eye catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom