Yet another bushing question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Randy:
They are different bushings, with different part numbers, different prices and different diminsions. SO, according to PSI, they ARE different bushing.

Can you use the Slimline Pro bushings to make the Artisan Click Pencil. My answer is, YES, provided I have a caliper! The Artisan bushings are "collar" bushings. IIRC, the Slimline Pro (at minimum, Slim bushings) are "jamb" bushings that friction fit to the butt of the tubes. I CAN make them work! WOULD I WANT TO? YES, if I needed to make the pen, NOW and didn't have the Artisan bushings.

Respectfully submitted.

Randy Simmons

I Couldn't find it in the bushing reference that I use often, which is the only reason i am asking.

I think I found it on a third look, however. I guess when I'm sick and tired I should prevent myself from posting. I end up asking silly questions

PenMan1

Not a silly question AT ALL! And FWIW, PSI is NO HELP! They photo their slim bushings as "collar" bushings-THEY ARE NOT COLLAR BUSHINGS! They picture the Artisan click as collar bushings, too. The ones I have ARE NOT COLLARED, but they are a different size than the slims.

YOU ARE NOT the one confusing the issue. I think if you are selling something, the picture should be accurate OR HAVE NO PICTURE AT ALL.

While I'm on a PSI rant, they list their "dark wood" glass display box as "fancy rosewood". IT IS, in fact, redwood, AND HAS BEEN, after 3 years of calling them to change this fraudulent and illegal advertising. NO LUCK! They swapped out the Rosewood for the much cheaper looking redwood nearly 3 years ago and refuse to correct their ads.

End of rant.

Last edited:
PSI ticked me off months ago and I have not reordered from them and won't. I hope to make as many as 300 pens over the next 12 months and they won't be from there!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As you may already know, Andy "Rosewood" is Chinese for "whatever red wood we found and decided to use"---very frequently Padauk.

For those who may NOT know, "Rosewood" is the Dalbergia family. Tulipwood, cocobolo and many others that are not often referred to as "Rosewood", are.

Padauk and many other "red" and "orange" woods are NOT.

Last edited:

Dale Allen

Can I add my gripe about PSI.
Why on earth do they mix up the orientation of the reference drawings in the instructions?
I just checked the trimline and the reference to the 'tip' end changes 4 times within the 2 pages.

Top Bottom