Yellow Mustard Wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

I was at a firewood yard delivering a curly maple thank you pen to the guy that owns the place for letting me have the curly maple logs. While I was there he let me have some cherry burl and a very strange yellow wood that was burl. He nor I knew what it was:(. I took it home and cut the burl in half and it smelled like mustard[:p]

Does anyone have any idea what wood is yellow and smells like mustard[?]. I will try to take a picture of it tonight and post it for a visual.

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Mustard?

There are a bunch of "yellow" woods....osage orange, mulberry, yellowheart, etc. Need to see it and "smell it" (sounds like an old Cheech and Chong skit).

Ryan

2005811131826_yellow%20wood.jpg
<br />

Here is the picture of a piece I turned down. It looks pretty cool. I just wish I knew what it was now. O.O. does not grow here so I can rule that one out. It looks like it could have some of the same grain as Black Locust, but it is hard to tell from a burl. Mulberry is everywhere here.

Ryan

MDWine

The black locust pen that I have (see album) is VERY yellow... a pretty good match for the piece you're showing. I've not seen yellowheart that yellow, in fact!

Sure is pretty, no matter what it is!

lkorn

I'm with Mike on this one, I just sold a "Black Locust Burl pen, ( a freebie from Dario)that looked JUST LIKE THIS STUFF. Great Wood!
Ryan, as had been said before, if you're not sure what to do wit it....send it here[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom