For the "WTF" question of the week...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

capcrnch

I know this is going to sound absolutely dumb, but..
Anyone have a suggestion for getting CA glue off your teeth?

My CA tip was covered in dried glue, so like an idiot, I used my teeth to bit it off. Well, there must have been some fresh glue there, or just enough inside the tip to get on my front 2 teeth. It's not a lot, just a little, enough for me to notice it.

Yes, i've brushed at least 12 times and I just can't seem to get rid of the feeling that its still there..

Suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It will come off on its own in a few hours. I have done the same thing more than once and even had it on my tongue and lips! It all came off pretty quick. Then again, I have also had it in my eye. That was not as nice of an experience!

capcrnch

It will come off on its own in a few hours. I have done the same thing more than once and even had it on my tongue and lips! It all came off pretty quick. Then again, I have also had it in my eye. That was not as nice of an experience!

I did it yesterday afternoon. I think i've done this in the past (not as bad as now) and it came off on its own.

Wife just suggested nail polish remover.

It worked!

altaciii

Yep, it happens to all of us. Glued my upper lip to my top teeth once, between trying to get it unstuck without ripping the skin and my wife and daughter laughing their butts off it came free after a few minutes. Give it some time and it will come off.

masl

jpg.gif

just idea for you !!!!

Attachments

• tooth_gems[1].jpg
    tooth_gems[1].jpg
    8 KB · Views: 147

randyrls

I know this is going to sound absolutely dumb, but..
Anyone have a suggestion for getting CA glue off your teeth?

Rich; Someone posted this message years ago in the YAHOO penturners forum: I though it was so funny, I saved it:

After a week of dealing with a "honey-do" list as long as your leg, I finally got some time in the shop this evening to make some sawdust. It "turned" out to be a night for lessons . . .

1. I learned that the nib on the pen MUST be aligned correctly before you try to press it into the lower pen barrel. Failure to do this will result in an egg-shape at the end of the tube and split wood.

2. I learned that if you put too much CA glue on the tenon when gluing on the center ring of a Euro stye pen, the glue gooshes out onto the ring and nicely finished pen. Trying to wipe it off only makes the situation worse.

3. I learned that you can put a pen ruined by #2 above back on the mandrel and actually turn the brass center ring off! Then an extra ring can be glued on with a lesser amount of CA glue.

4. I learned that no matter how full your hands are, ALWAYS take the cap off the CA glue with your fingers. NEVER EVER use your teeth to remove the cap.

5. I learned that if you choose to ignore #4 above, NEVER EVER just hold the CA glue cap in your lips while you apply the glue!

6. I learned that even though a person's tongue is wet with saliva, CA glue will STILL adhere very well to it . . . AND . . . will adhere the wet tongue to the inside of the bottom lip . . . AND . . . will adhere to the old, dried glue on the CA glue cap!

7. I learned that frantically attempting to spit out a CA glue cap that is glued in your mouth is pointless - as well as very difficult when your tongue is glued to you lower lip!

8. I learned that after CA glue has bonded to your skin, acetone will not cause the glue to release.

9. I learned that I hate the taste of acetone - not to mention that it really burns one's tongue and lips if it comes in contact with them.

10. I learned that by the time you get hardened CA glue off of your lip, you will look like you have a large fever blister!

10. I learned that my wonderful wife, who loves me deeply, will laugh uncontrollably at me when I really need her help.
(Name withheld to protect the innocent!)

__

Rich; Someone posted this message years ago in the YAHOO penturners forum: I though it was so funny, I saved it:

After a week of dealing with a "honey-do" list as long as your leg, I finally got some time in the shop this evening to make some sawdust. It "turned" out to be a night for lessons . . .

1. I learned that the nib on the pen MUST be aligned correctly before you try to press it into the lower pen barrel. Failure to do this will result in an egg-shape at the end of the tube and split wood.

2. I learned that if you put too much CA glue on the tenon when gluing on the center ring of a Euro stye pen, the glue gooshes out onto the ring and nicely finished pen. Trying to wipe it off only makes the situation worse.

3. I learned that you can put a pen ruined by #2 above back on the mandrel and actually turn the brass center ring off! Then an extra ring can be glued on with a lesser amount of CA glue.

4. I learned that no matter how full your hands are, ALWAYS take the cap off the CA glue with your fingers. NEVER EVER use your teeth to remove the cap.

5. I learned that if you choose to ignore #4 above, NEVER EVER just hold the CA glue cap in your lips while you apply the glue!

6. I learned that even though a person's tongue is wet with saliva, CA glue will STILL adhere very well to it . . . AND . . . will adhere the wet tongue to the inside of the bottom lip . . . AND . . . will adhere to the old, dried glue on the CA glue cap!

7. I learned that frantically attempting to spit out a CA glue cap that is glued in your mouth is pointless - as well as very difficult when your tongue is glued to you lower lip!

8. I learned that after CA glue has bonded to your skin, acetone will not cause the glue to release.

9. I learned that I hate the taste of acetone - not to mention that it really burns one's tongue and lips if it comes in contact with them.

10. I learned that by the time you get hardened CA glue off of your lip, you will look like you have a large fever blister!

10. I learned that my wonderful wife, who loves me deeply, will laugh uncontrollably at me when I really need her help.
(Name withheld to protect the innocent!)
__

Randy,
Did you learn all this in one session or was this over a series of sessions :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bitshird

Do Not put Acetone on your teeth, Acetone is Highly Carcinogenic like Curtis said, it will come off on it's own, or go see a Dentist, But DO NOT put Acetone near your Mouth in fact, you really should wear gloves and a vapor approved respirator when using it, I'm not that fanatical about inhalation hazards, but my Dr showed me some material on Acetone, he actually had the wisdom to ask me what Chemicals I was around and used.

mtgrizzly52

I am sorry, but I'm laughing so hard at all of this, I'm about to pee my pants!!!! Oh thank you thank you thank you, I needed a laugh so bad, but not bad enough to my ribs hurt worse than they already do from this dang cold I have *LOL*.....Like Larry the Cable Guy would say...."Now that is funny!!!"

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

jocat54

(Name withheld to protect the innocen

__

Thanks Randy, I needed the laugh--That is hilarious visualizing it as you read it. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face. It ranks right up there with the guy roping a deer.

John

Last edited:

jeffnreno

How about hitting the buffer and going for a true ca finish - Your probably on the leading edge of fashion. Soon to a store near you ca for your teeth. Provides a glisten and shine.

bobleibo

Sorry Curtis, I can't resist...
I'm rolling on the floor laughing about this one ! For some very strange reason, the picture that immediately pops into my distorted mind is someones' wife using CA glue on her husbands lips while he is sleeping so he'll keep his mouth shut....not that it would ever happen to any of the folks on IAP.
Thanks for the laugh :)
Cheers
Bob

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Do Not put Acetone on your teeth, Acetone is Highly Carcinogenic like Curtis said, it will come off on it's own, or go see a Dentist, But DO NOT put Acetone near your Mouth in fact, you really should wear gloves and a vapor approved respirator when using it, I'm not that fanatical about inhalation hazards, but my Dr showed me some material on Acetone, he actually had the wisdom to ask me what Chemicals I was around and used.

Ken,

I don't mean to step on your post, but nail polish remover is acetone.

refueler1

Take the biggest wood rasp you have, smile really big and start shaving your tooth.....................Sorry, couldnt resist.

Top Bottom