Wrong twist mech?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I just finished a cigar pen and I'm having an issue with the refill extending past the nib. It came with a different tranny than I'm used to. So could I have gotten a different one by mistake? This one does thread into the coupler perfectly and aslo the tubes and everything else are correct in length so the tranny is the only thing that I can think of. It does work, the refill will move with turned both ways. I'm hoping this will be an easy fix as far as swapping out another one (which I don't have here to test out) but I wanted to check with the various minds here for something I may be overlooking. Any help will be appreciated! Here are some pics...

Attachments

• 100_5797.jpg
    100_5797.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_5798.jpg
    100_5798.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 71

David Keller

It doesn't look like the trannies that have come with my cigar kits. You can always try one that is on an already assembled pen by pulling the cap end off.

JimMc7

I bought some replacement Cigar transmissions from Wood'n'Whimsies to replace one from a Berea kit I had fouled up and had the opposite problem (pen point didn't extend far enough -- ~1/16" IIRC). Point is I think there are differences in the reach between Berea & PSI (assume they are supplier of WNW) Cigar transmissions.

Top Bottom