Is this worth repeating?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncboyntx

Since I'm new to pen turning, I have no idea how people will receive my work. So I'll ask the experts...is this pen worth repeating? It's a Hart Double Twist from Woodcraft. The wood is Purple Heart and I added a brass laminate to each blank.

ned%20from%20Purple%20Heart%20with%20brass%20rings.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

smoky10

I don't know what you mean by "worth repeating" but it is a very nice pen. Nice shape, fit and finish. The picture could be a little better. My photography is worse [:D][:I]

gerryr

I second the comments about a better picture but it looks pretty nice. You can save yourself some money by buying the Elegant American from AZ Silhouette, it's the same kit just cheaper.

terrymiller

Very nice pen definately worth repeating. Is the brass that you used the .016 or .020 stock. I always use the .016 seems to cut better with the tools.

ncboyntx

Thanks for the comments folks. Photography is frustrating me, I've tried a lot of the tips I found over in the Photo forum but still can't get it to where it should be. I used .032 stock that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. Next time I am going to use something a little thinner, probably the .016. On the comment about tarnishing, I used spray on Deft laquer, I'm not sure if that is enough protection or not.

GBusardo

I am beginning to believe its harder to take decent picture of a pen than it is to turn the dang thing!!!! I really do like the brass inlays. very creative!
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom