Is it worth it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marnat3

I have an opportunity to get a Rikon 70-100 6 speed.
With the following for $350

Great little lathe, comes with:
manual,
adjustable work stand
nova G3 chuck... no jaws
2 gouges, 1 skew chisel
live center set, and 1 drive spur.

It would be my "other" machine.
Should I pull the trigger?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

How is the turncrafter in the real world tho. I have heard many different opinions on them.

It's warrantied. Has excellent reviews. PSI customer service is very good. It should serve you well...especially for a 2nd lathe. Me personally...I like brand new stuff as opposed to Used...unless I know the owner. Buy new...no surprises. My .02. Good luck with whatever you end up getting. Having 2 lathes is a nice convenience.

Last edited:

csr67

I love my Rikon 70-100, but you can get it brand new from Woodcraft for $399. With one of Rick's custom flat top tool rests and post, it's the perfect pen machine.

SDB777

I've always been of the thought process: "If I ask myself if '_______' is worth it?" - then it probably is a 'pass'. If it's worth it, then you get to see my post on "Look what I scored from '________'!"

Scott (do you know the lathe) B

Marnat3

Yeah, I've waited too long on a lot of those scores. But after looking at this some more I realized I really want a VS lathe and will dedicate my current HF to drilling and such. Thanks for the help. Gotta love this place.

Top Bottom