Work, turn, work, turn, turn, work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skeels

Man I tell ya. Buisness has picked up... In my works world and tge pen world. Both are great... But holy crap. I normally take a couple pics of the pens I make and send them to a few people in my phone. With doin that I get a small (one or two pen deals) sale. Well I guess words gettin out, a little too fast lol. Some may remember a post I made about all these antlers my step dad gave me. Well I decided tgat te first pen out of all of them would be his. I chose a rhodium gatsby click pen kit from psi. Well my mom picked it up and she had to have a snake skin one on the same kit (I just cast the skin). She took it to work before giving it to him. A ugh at her work sees it and BAM! I got the knife fist hard core lol. Dude orders an antler pen (psi trimline in gunmetal) a purple swirl cigar pen and TWO pen/pencil sets in olive wood (both sets in gunmetal psi trimline). Right after they're all done, upon delivery... My aunt orders a couple for her church, in olive wood. She gets them home and BAM... Another order, a friend of hers wants some lol. With workin 10+ hours a day at my job, then all these orders... I'm BUSY lol. I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow... Gotta get back up turnin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This is a good problem to have. Just like all the great artists out there, the wait list grows. Just tell them excellent work takes time. One thing do not get in a rut and burned out. Take your time and do the best you can. You may have to start putting a bigger price on your work and that may slow things down. It is a hobby and fun with it.

mike4066

Congrats on the orders and interest in your work. It's such a thrill when things start taking off.

JT has some great advice. I recently burned myself out with an order and haven't wanted to turn on my lathe for almost 3 weeks. (Gives me more time for casting).

You dictate your schedule, not the other way around.

:)

Top Bottom