WoodWrite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Flaturner

I did a semester as a shop teacher at a local high school whose program was being transformed. When I left they gave me their WoodWrite 363 lathe.:) There was only one duplicator template and it was shot along with the duplicator chisel. It had no tool rest and only 1 mandrel which was pretty rusty.:frown: I have tried to contact WoodWrite and it is obvious that he has shut down operations.:mad: Is anyone out there in IAP Forumland using this system and, if so, can you help me identify alternatives to his proprietary accessories? Many thanks, I would hate to have a weird looking boat anchor on my hands since I don't even own a boat!:at-wits-end:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Try again

I did a semester as a shop teacher at a local high school whose program was being transformed. When I left they gave me their WoodWrite 363 lathe.:) There was only one duplicator template and it was shot along with the duplicator chisel. It had no tool rest and only 1 mandrel which was pretty rusty.:frown: I have tried to contact WoodWrite and it is obvious that he has shut down operations.:mad: Is anyone out there in IAP Forumland using this system and, if so, can you help me identify alternatives to his proprietary accessories? Many thanks, I would hate to have a weird looking boat anchor on my hands since I don't even own a boat!:at-wits-end:

I think you tied the wrong woodwrite....The website sure doesn't look shut down - you want www.woodwriteltd.com phone numbers are listed on the site.

JerrySambrook

Some of the items are proprietary, or semi-such.
Many of the items you might want can be boiught from taig lathe deals such as Lee Valley.

However, WoodWrite is still in business, and is very very good to deal with.

Flaturner

Thanks, Jerry

Thank you for the info. As I told Smitty, I will attempt to call and resend my e-mail. The e-mail I sent (2/4/11) was well after his move and it has not been delivered or read. As for his website, I checked it today and the last revision date on the home page is in 2008. I will go back and get the number and correct e-mail addy and try again. Again, thanks, Jerry.

Top Bottom