WoodRiver's Kaleidoscope Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I made one, not sure if it was from the same place. My wife ordered it from somewhere on Amazon. Looks the same. The connecting piece between the barrel and the kaleidoscope part separated and little bits of crystal spewed out all over my kitchen table. I found most of them and reassembled and super glued the parts back together. I did another and checked the integrity of the pieces and they seemed okay. It fell apart when I tried to pull it apart to check on the changing of the refill. Other than that it's a cool pen and has worked out well for my wife, who loves it.

SSchamel

I had the same problem with it coming apart. I found most of the little plastic "gems" and super glued it back together on both ends as well. I thought the quality wasn't as good as it should have been. The one I made sold, but I won't make any more.

Lee58

Thanks for the info. I made one and the plastic part that threads into the transmission would not go into the transmission. Not sure which one was wrong contacted Woodcraft Tech Support after several messages back and forth let's just say they are not much help as in no help at all.

Penchant 4

Does anyone know of a source for refills on the Woodcraft kaleidoscope pens? Sold one some time ago and the customer needs a refill. Thought the little Cross ones would work; but looking at the instructions, there is a fitting on the end. Is this fitting easily removable so it can be placed on a new refill? Client is out of state, so not something I could do for them.

Not inclined to purchase another, given the hit/miss issues with the pen coming apart.

Will be grateful for any assistance/information.

P4

Woodchipper

Not sure of the refill without looking at one. My grandson made one for his mother two years ago. I don't recall any problems in turning or assembly. They are unique.

Top Bottom