Woodpenpro Cigar Pen Issue.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I bought a ton of black and chrome cigar kits form Woodpenpro and am having major issues. I was wonder if anyone else did and if there is a work around.

On the black kits the chrome trim ring on the top middle does not fit, I have to file and press it on this is ok since you don't see the piece when assembled but still disconcerning, and time consuming to fix every kit, did I get a bad batch?

Worse on the chrome kits, the piece the transmissing scewes into does not slide on the bushing above it, so the pen will not go together. It appears the chrome bushing is to small. I have checked about 15 kits and they are all the same. Is anyone else having this issue I can't really file any pieces to make it fit, they are both finished pieces and you see both of them when the pen is taken apart.

Arugg gotta get 40 pens out for christmass and not one good kit out of over 50! Way behind now. Please tell me someone has a solution to make these kit work. :befuddled:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I wish I could help you but I had to eat half of mine. Decided it wasn't worth the effort to mail them back. I hope someone has some good advice for you.

Crud, I just noticed this guy is in Hawai, can I use a flat rate box to ship back? No wonder it took forever to get here. Why did you have to eat them? I got over 50 kits they have to go back I can't take that big of a hit $300+ dollars.

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Crud, I just noticed this guy is in Hawai, can I use a flat rate box to ship back? No wonder it took forever to get here. Why did you have to eat them? I got over 50 kits they have to go back I can't take that big of a hit $300+ dollars.
You ordered $300 worth of kits from someone and JUST noticed that he was in Hawaii? :eek:

Don't let the distance fool you, I don't think time will be a problem. I have ordered from him before and the priority mail came just as fast as if it had originated in Omaha, Nebraska!

ablair

Wish i could help you, i wouldn't know what to do, but i would sure try! Maybe its worth paying the extra for overnight shipping?

WOODPENPRO

Cigar kits

On the Platinum 2 tone I did have knowledge of the problems that the centerband had to be widened internally for clearance so the coupler would clear and allow the pen to twist. A couple pases with a Dremel worked wonders for me. That fact was, and still is, described in detail on my site and the price of the Platinum 2-Tones were dropped to an extrememly low price to compensate. I hope this addresses the issue and please let me know if there is a problem...at a minimum I can at least inform the production folks to correct it. The ring on some other cigar kits is a bit tight but I have been able to press them on without problem and just knocked out an order for 100 koa pens for XMAS and was quite happy with the results. Keeping my prices among the lowest on the web is a challenge but after years of buying overpriced kits, it is a commitment I will stick behind.

I have been able to throw out the crutches so my shipping times should be back to where they were before the surgery. Flat Rate boxes are the best way to get things on and off the island and you can really fill them up and the move quickly...3 to 5 days not counting the times when my leg is elevated and swollen. Thanks, Happy Holidays and as always...Good Turning!
Jimmy
WOODPENPRO.COM

Texatdurango

On the Platinum 2 tone I did have knowledge of the problems that the centerband had to be widened internally for clearance so the coupler would clear and allow the pen to twist. A couple pases with a Dremel worked wonders for me. That fact was, and still is, described in detail on my site and the price of the Platinum 2-Tones were dropped to an extrememly low price to compensate. I hope this addresses the issue and please let me know if there is a problem...at a minimum I can at least inform the production folks to correct it. The ring on some other cigar kits is a bit tight but I have been able to press them on without problem and just knocked out an order for 100 koa pens for XMAS and was quite happy with the results. Keeping my prices among the lowest on the web is a challenge but after years of buying overpriced kits, it is a commitment I will stick behind.

I have been able to throw out the crutches so my shipping times should be back to where they were before the surgery. Flat Rate boxes are the best way to get things on and off the island and you can really fill them up and the move quickly...3 to 5 days not counting the times when my leg is elevated and swollen. Thanks, Happy Holidays and as always...Good Turning!
Jimmy
WOODPENPRO.COM
When I first read your post I thought... "this certainly changes the picture, looks like the buyer knew what he was getting into then griped about it when he got the kits."

While it is obvious that you knew of the problem and even suggested a simple work-around, it is no so obvious that you did your best at notifying perspective buyers of the problem. If it were me doing the website editing, I would have put that little paragraph disclaimer at the top of the page in red text rather than at the bottom of the page well beneath the quantity window and "Buy Now" button.

I visited your site looking to see your disclaimer and did not see it at first and didn't notice it until I looked at the titanium gold kit and saw that it was out of stock, THEN I happen to see the text underneath so went back to the black platinum and saw it. It took me a few minutes and I was looking for it, not the easiest disclaimer to find.

May I make a friendly suggestion? Why not put the disclaimer up top where it can't be missed so no one will have any excuses when they get their kits? And perhaps add a comment about the low price reflecting the compensation so they will know full well what they are getting into. And if the situation is temporary, make the text red so it stands out and can easily be removed when fresh kits arrive.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Nebraska

You ordered $300 worth of kits from someone and JUST noticed that he was in Hawaii? :eek:

Don't let the distance fool you, I don't think time will be a problem. I have ordered from him before and the priority mail came just as fast as if it had originated in Omaha, Nebraska!
You knocking Nebraska? :eek::wink::biggrin:

Hegwoody

Oh man, when I left Nebraska in 1990 I thought I was the last one to leave and turned off the lights. Sorry bout that. Hope you found the switch. :embarrassed:

I emaild and Jimmy did wright back. I did not see the disclamer when I ordered them, if I had I would of probably not purchased them. I am trying to make high end pens, grinding away a plating / bushings that is visable is not someting I consider acceptiable at the level I am tring to do. In any case Jimmy did aggree to take them back and answered my email promptly. I guess it was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Nebraska? Is that still a state, I thought we got rid of that. It's amazing what slides through the cracks.

Last edited:

Russianwolf

I emaild and Jimmy did wright back. I did not see the disclamer when I ordered them, if I had I would of probably not purchased them. I am trying to make high end pens, grinding away a plating / bushings that is visable is not someting I consider acceptiable at the level I am tring to do. In any case Jimmy did aggree to take them back and answered my email promptly. I guess it was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Nebraska? Is that still a state, I thought we got rid of that. It's amazing what slides through the cracks.

I've made many of Jimmy's two-tone cigars and the place where modification is needed isn't visible. So I'm not sure where you are having the problem exactly or how you are trying to fix it. pics would help confirm.

The trim rings on the centerbands are TIGHT, but trust me it's much better this way then too loose. The centerbands also need to be sanded inside to remove a bit of plating to not interfere with the tranny coupler. Nothing should be done to visible areas of any parts.

I think the root cause is that the platings are a bit too thick. This problem has also been noted on the clips for the Jr. Gents I think. Too much plating is again much better than not enough and the fixes are pretty easy and unnoticeable.

Glad you got it worked out with Jimmy.

sbell111

Yes you can.
It took me a few reads to realize that you were responding to his first statement, not his last.

Top Bottom