woodnwhimsies plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDMANUEL

hi, I had some problems because plating in few gold kits disappeared very fast, so I choice PSI products, but I found woodnwhimsies.com pen kits and I'm surprised because all their plating options (black titanium, rhodium, 24 kt gold...) are the same price.

Is their 24kt as strong than their rhodium?
or is their rhodium as soft as 24 kt?

I asked to woodnwhimsies and they tell me that their plating is as good as PSI plating.

somebody have tested woodnwhimsies plating?

thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

imagine

I haven't tested their product, so can't attest to their durability. Having said that, other merchants sell identical looking pen kits and they price their kits all the same as well.(Mostly anyway.) 24kt gold is still 24kt gold and rhodium is still rhodium with their respective properties. Just a guess, but, the cost difference between the different platings when bought in bulk may be small enough it is just easier to price everything the same and make a couple more pennies on gold or a couple less on rhodium. [;)]

sparhawk

I have bought from woodnwhimsies several times and so far have had excellent results. Thier prices are good and there delivery is Quick. I have one pen I use at work that was just a fancy slimline gold plating. Been using for several months now with no sign of wear. And by the way I work in a chemical plant with Cs2,h2s,so2 and chlorine. Would have thought it would have started to show some tarnish or wear by now. They say they can get anything in the psi catalog for better prices so maybe they are selling psi kits. Just my 2 cents worth.

Brewmeister35

What Phil said... the kits are PSI's kits but cheaper and with MUCH better service and much faster. The TN and rhodium will be much better than 24k gold.

arioux

Hi,

I think there is a lot of missinterpretation or missinformation around plating lately. Before i go further i'm not an expert in plating but turning pen for few years with a few 1000's pen behind me, i saw and tested many diffrent kits and plating.

Woodnwhimsies sell SOME PSI kits. Most of their slimline have the Rizheng code number.(that chinese reseller that send email all over the place).

They sell higher plating at the same cost as 24k gold. Not too long ago, woodnwhimsies posted that they tough that black titanium and gun metal where the same plating. <b>They have to rely on that chinese </b>manufacturer for the plating description and gun metal or black chrome could look like black TI and chrome like rhodium and if you go to Rizheng site, the don't have black TI or rhodium in their plating option for the slimline.

I don't say their kit is not good, just don't beleive rodhium or black TI plating can be made at the same cost as 24k gold or chrome even by the chineese. Precious metal is precious metal and there is no discount mining !!

For give away pen, sure no way to beat those prices. for selling as a higher plating pen; no way for me but <b>time can prove me wrong and i trully hope so.</b>
PSI just came out with the "funline pens kit, a low end cheap plating kit that look a lot like what Rizheng has. PSI don't even put their garantee on those kit.

Some migh tear my head apart fot this post but i think someone had to write it.

Alfred

karlkuehn

Banned
I had some bad luck with some kits from there a while back, but they have great customer service and refunded my money when I returned the kits. They have great pricing and great customer service, but there were some issues with bubbling and wrinkled plating on a dozen or so of the ones I got. I pointed out the flaws on each kit to help them get back to their supplier, so I'm sure they've taken steps to up the quality control. I got a lot of good blanks and such from them as well, and they had great prices. Hope this helps! I've been incredibly impressed with the Berea resellers and CSUSA stuff that I've gotten, all have been perfect, but you pay a bit more, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom