woodcrafters?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bloodhound

Hey guys. I have a question for yall. Since i started making pens (only a few years). I have mostly got my kits from PSI. I bought one pen kit from Woodcrafters. A cigar kit. It wasnt long and the finish wore off. I was looking tonight. And they have some kits i am interested in. But i am concerned about the finish on the parts. Can anyone weigh in on this please. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

79spitfire

Most of the finishes wear with time, no mater where you get them. I have found the more durable ones are, Chrome, Rhodium, Titanium (comes in a couple of colors) and 'gunmetal'. The least durable have been colored enamels, and '24k gold'. I find the kits are priced to match and when I sell I price/warranty appropriately.

Joey-Nieves

We have members that sell pen kits, they are all reliable, honest and trustworthy, you may want to consider visiting there web sites. All of them have the same or lower prices as PSI and Craft USA but with the advantage of a woodturner on the other side of the phone.
My experience has been the our member suppliers don't sell the bad kits and help you steer away from problems. They also read and post in the forum so they will help you if you get stuck, plus most of them have a few tricks that can help you improve your pens. Check out our vendor catalogs.

In addition to these you may try Wood and Whimsies, Woodturningz and Bear tooth woods, they are also family owned business and even though they do not have catalogs here, they are members of the forum and are always ready to help.

If you would like to know my preference, I try to buy as much as possible from Exotic blanks, I'm actually considering starting a fan page for Ed and Dawn on Face book!(LOL). There inventory on High end pens and specialty blanks is Exquisite and Exotic! and at great prices. Unfortunately as a commercial pen turner I don't find everything I need in just one site and/or I would not try to have any small business do a price match with one of the big suppliers, it's just not fair, in most cases I will overlook a small price difference in order to contribute with our small business growth.
So my suggestion to all pen turners in the forum is to look in the marketplace and the vendor catalogs section before you buy anything and support those that support our forum!!!!!!!!
Joey!
P.S> hope I didn't get to carried away!

For suppliers I would recommend Exotic Blanks, Lazer Linez, WoodTurningz, and Signature Pen Supply. Those are the ones I would totally recommend based on customer support, prices, and quality.

My .02

Top Bottom