Woodcraft Retro pen #148716

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dirtrider

I bought a chrome, Woodcraft Retro pen just because I liked the top, but after opening the kit, I found an ugly black plastic piece that fits between the nib and body. Chrome nib is pressed into one end, other end is threaded for the body so ink cartridge can be replaced. My question is this...has anyone made one of these, and if so, did you use this plastic piece or replace it with wood/metal? I would like to replace it, but I'm not sure how to thread anything to replace it. I have a set of std and metric taps/dies, but I don't know if they are the correct pitch. Any ideas short of taking something to machine shop for custom threading?

Thanks,
Travis

Russianwolf

it sounds like the same ones on the Berea Euro FP, in which case you'll be wanting to get rid of it anyway. The entire nib/feed is poor quality.

You can replace it with one from a Baron or similar. I have some made from solid brass (got them from CSUSA) with a black coating in a couple different nib widths. If you want one, let me know.

The threading on those is somewhere between m8x1 (too tight) and m9x1 (may be too loose) for what it's worth. Not an exact fit, but close enough for govmn't work.

dirtrider

Thanks for the thread info. I may try to turn a tenon in wood and then thread it so it matches the body. We'll see how it comes out. It may end up being a kit that gets robbed for other little parts.

Top Bottom