Woodcraft Pen Turning Kit--828439--

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

I just turned seven pen blanks with the tubes in the Woodcraft product kit # 828439 (Big Ben Cigar). Upon assembly, I find that the Ink Refill Assembly does not retract fully into body of the pen. I measured the length of the turned body and compared to the instructions. I then measured the length of the body/tube assembly of an unopened kit. I did the same the measurements for the cap/tube assembly. All the measurements reveal that the length of the both the cap/tube assembly and the body/tube assembly are shorter in length then what the instructions say. The body assembly is 1/8 " shorter then directions, the cap is 1/8" shorter then directions and the pen tip sits 1/8" outside of the body tube assembly is 1/8" when fully retracted. All in all these turned pen blanks using the tubes in the kit do not match the instruction not the ink refill assembly. Not sure what to do. Is there a ink refill assembly that fits this product that is 1/8" shorter? Anyone ever experienced this problem before? Appreciate any assistance guidance or help here.

Last edited:

NVSB4

I've had some kits that turned out that way and the only thing that I've been able to do is to take the cap off the end of the refill, cut some off and put the cap back on.
Not optimum, but gets the job done.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Your picture cuts off the nib.
From what I CAN see, the black piece that is supposed to be on top of the nib is not there. IF that is correct, when it is inserted it will increase the length by just about 1\8".

If the piece IS there, I have added a spacer there, but not that thick.

Best I can do from the info presented.

Hope this helps!

Mr Vic

The dimensions on the instruction sheet are for the blank length and allow a bit extra for trimming/squaring the blank. I took of the nib trim ring and the tip sticks out about 3/32" and the trim ring is about that thick. My lower body is 2 3/32" long.

Top Bottom