woodcraft pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff3285

I have been thinking about getting the breast awareness slimline pen from woodcraft,,they are on sale now,,but I have never turned a pen with the plastic grip next to the tip,,the directions say after you turn it to measure back about 1 inch and use a parting tool to cut that much of the blank off,,,has anyone had any experience doing one with the plastic tip on the end,,and if so can you give me some info on it,,thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

No experience to help you with that kit but I am selling the heck out of the Breast Cancer Awareness pen from PSI with the pink blanks. 4 this week and when they are seen around I am sure there will be more.

jeff3285

breast awareness pens from penn state,,

oh I agree,,i have made about 4 of them and they are the prettiest pens,,and a picture will not do them justice,,as a matter of fact im waiting on a order from penn state now,,but I was just thinking about trying one of these pens,,

CREID

I have been thinking about getting the breast awareness slimline pen from woodcraft,,they are on sale now,,but I have never turned a pen with the plastic grip next to the tip,,the directions say after you turn it to measure back about 1 inch and use a parting tool to cut that much of the blank off,,,has anyone had any experience doing one with the plastic tip on the end,,and if so can you give me some info on it,,thank you

I remember seeing them last year. Aren't they just a comfort pen. You could also just throw away the plastic grip and turn it like a regular slimline. This is of course if they are the same pens as last year.

Curt

mecompco

I've done some. I usually turn them full length, but the rubber grip is a nice option. It sure makes doing the "nib" end easier as you don't have to worry about the fitment. I've done them by parting off the excess and by cutting the lower blank short (turned a looong bushing on the metal lathe that fits over the tube).

I like the looks of them both ways. To save a couple bucks, I buy the Comfort kits and the BCA clips. They do look nice with pink blanks.

Regards,
Michael

PS: My kits are from PSI--assuming they are pretty much the same with the optional rubber "Comfort" grip. Here is one I finished today (w/o) the rubber grip, obviously:

Last edited:
Top Bottom