Woodcraft Circuit Board Kit Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

efrulla

I bought a couple of Woodcraft Circuit Board Kits and when I opened the bags with the blanks I was surprised to find that the blanks were sticky to the touch.

I am hoping that the stickiness is only on the surface but if it isn't, how do I get a finish on these things. CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

efrulla

Thanks for the updates. Very much appreciated. Forgot to buy the bushings at the store so I ordered them on-line and am waiting for them to arrive. I will let you know how they turned out.

Tom T

Always sticky. I end up doing a lot of sanding on these as they like to shatter. I fill in any crack outs with C A. I sand down to 12,000 and beal and buff tripilee, then white diamond. Always looks great. I round the edges off on the disc sander on the raw blank first. When having a bad day I have sanded one or two of them all the way. With vacuum on.

efrulla

One good one not so good

The bushings came in so off to the shop I went. First blank turned and polished very well. I think I go a little too aggressive with the second blank and it chipped like there was no tomorrow. Spent a great deal of time doing damage control but in the end I was able to save the blank. I cast and turn Alumilite and this was my first experience turning PR. Not a great first impression.

Top Bottom