woodcraft cigar assembly issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wickford

Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble with assembling the top portion of the woodcraft cigar pen kits?

I recently did my first two and when putting the two halves together, I ended up with about a 1/16" gap between halves. After racking my brain for a while and experimenting with different "fixes" I ended up having to drill out the bottom portion of the threaded piece that goes in the very top of the pen. This seemed to be the only way that the pen would go together without a gap.

Anyone else have this problem? Is my solution a good fix, or is there some better way to do it, or am I just plain doing something wrong?

As always, any advice is most appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wickford

at first, I thought the same thing, but when i did a second one, and had the exact same problem I figured maybe there was something wrong with the kit as I was very careful not to remove any brass when trimming...I don't really like the fix I came up with, but it worked so I guess that's all that matters...

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you have a caliper, lay the kit out and measure to identify your problem.

The bottom of the cap screw is supposed to go into the top of the transmission. If the measurements don't work out, you have to decide how to fix. Sometimes you want to leave a little extra material at the top and bottom of the upper tube (stretch the top). Shouldn't happen, but I HAVE seen it.

OR, return the kits and get ones that are correct.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by GBusardo

Is it possible that you mixed up different brand kits? I found that different Cigar kits do vary in length.

(In my best "movie bad guy voice") YOU TALKIN' TO ME?????

(Back to my normal voice) OF COURSE that's possible, in fact, likely!:D:D:D

Top Bottom