Wood Pen Pro Traditional Rollerball kit questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

badger

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I thought I recalled PSI selling a similar kit, but I don't see it on their site now. I think the differences were the platings, PSI only offered it in 24k whereas Jimmy has it in Chrome which is much more durable.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I thought I recalled PSI selling a similar kit, but I don't see it on their site now. I think the differences were the platings, PSI only offered it in 24k whereas Jimmy has it in Chrome which is much more durable.

He also has it in "black chrome" but it is really more like black Ti or gunmetal color not the deep shiny black. I've discovered "black chrome" does not mean the same thing to all vendors.

bruce119

The Wood Pen Pro Traditional Rollerball kit has the same tubes as a cigar. I used a set of cigar bushings and used a set of calipers to get the size correct. The bottom (pen) tubes is very long I had to cut the spring to get it to fit properly. The cap has a plastic snap on insert like a purse pen. It is a very simple inexpensive kit with possibilities for modifications such as a closed end. I don't like the refill it comes with it is a very fine but that's a small matter.

Thanks
Bruce

JGCIV

I've turned a few of these pens from WPP. As already indicated, the bottom pen tube is very long. My 10MM bit was just a hair short, which made drilling the lower tube more challenging than normal. Not impossible, though. The other problem I have had with these kits is adjusting the platic snap on insert in the cap end. The directions tell you that you can use a screwdriver to adjust it to get the right fit. I found that they don't thread onto the adjoining piece very easily (I have cracked one in the process), and using a screwdriver after its assembled can "scrape off" a bit of the plastic, which effects the tight fit.

Someone else already meantioned the refill. I found that they dont write well at all. Of the 7 or 8 that I've made with this kit, I've had to replace each of the refills.

Overall, I like the kit. The weight and appearance are nice. It definitely shows of a blank nicely. I generally turn this one b2b, which gives it a nice, classic look.

Top Bottom