Wood Pen Pro kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

richstick1

I just found the Wood Pen Pro site and the prices seem to be higher than PSI, but lower than CSUSA - can anyone give me an opinion as to the quality of the kits? They have one called the Tapa that looks like a Sierra, but with nicer bands. I'm guessing the quality is higher than PSI, and hopefully comparable to CSUSA or Berea. Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I've made several of the kits that Jimmy sells, including the Tapa. It is a bit longer than the Sierra and unfortunately not available in gold titanium or I would buy them instead of the Sierra. Jimmy has a couple of plating options that nobody else has on the cigar pens. His gold ti and black chrome cigar is very attractive. I haven't had any issues with the quality, but I only buy cigars and Tapas from him. He provides good service.

GBusardo

Hi Rich, I bought several times from WoodPen Pro and the only problem I ever had was that one of the nibs, I forget what kit, had a chrome plating that was a little too thick and I had to ream it out. The service has been real good though, no complaints. I have found their platings much better than one of the lower priced kit suppliers out there. Unfortunately almost all the pen supply sites have their pros and cons. Some have more pro's and some have more cons [:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom