Wood N Whimsies Celtic Elegance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larryc

Bought some of these component sets and they really look nice.
However, be very careful. While the tranny looks identical to the "Sierra" tranny, it and its associated adapters are NOT interchangeable with the other various "Sierra" type pens.
Everything looks OK until you try to push the cap (with clip) onto the tranny.
It will not fit.
It seems that the "Sierra" caps will fit on the Celtic Elegance trannies but not the other way around.
I've got three Celtic Elegance trannies hiding in completed "Sierra" component sets somewhere.

Wingdoctor

I too have many similar looking component sets in inventory. I do not remove the parts from the baggie until I am ready to start on the pen. I buy plastic quart refrigerator containers with lids at the local Meijers at 4 for $1 something. As I decide on the blank and component set to create a pen I put them together in a container and put on the lid. The parts stay in the tub until the pen is assembled. That way the parts do not get mixed up or spilt. I typically sort out blanks and components for 6 or more pens at a time, and then turn as I find time. This is just my way of keeping stuff together and I am sure others have many other methods to keep components tigether. Good luck finding the errant trannies.

Top Bottom