Wood for a Marine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just a thought Greg, why not from the tree of his home state or his present duty station. Or even if you could find out the type of wood that is used in the stock of his rifle. Then there is a segmented red, white & blue or any wood w/ the Marine symbol or Semper Fi on it.
then to answer your question on nog
Nog is an old English dialect word (from East Anglia) of obscure origins that was used to describe a kind of strong beer (hence noggin).
OR
Nog is a character in the fictional Star Trek universe, played by Aron Eisenberg. He is a Ferengi, the son of Rom and nephew of Quark in the series Deep Space Nine.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Greg,

I have (I think I can find it) a piece of wood from a military rifle. I do not remember which rifle it was, perhaps a M-1. It is plain, but does have significance. You can have it if I can find it.

If you are interested, PM me and I would be honored to have a small part in a pen for one of those who protect and serve.

guts

Greg,I hope he was'nt but if he is a combat wounded veteran,then i think the answere is Purple Heart,other than that i use nothing but antler,BTW tell him i said Semper Fi.

terrymiller

I would go with some heavily spalted wood that has several colors in it kind of like camo then I would have the shell PCed black and have the insignia lasered on the shell.

wdcav1952

Greg,

I FINALLY found that piece of wood. (Maybe get organized should be on my list of resolutions) It is even more plain than I remembered. I will send it and a couple of others you might want to consider for the pen. They will go out on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

hrigg

Originally posted by GregMuller
<br />I am making a casing pen for a Marine. I am curious if anyone has a suggestion for the wood part that would have meaning to a marine.

Someone on here made a pen for a hunter that was glued-up camouflage fabric. I'm afraid I don't remember who or how.

wdcav1952

Greg, like the check, it is in the mail! Hope you like my ideas. When you deliver it to that young Marine, tell him he has a lot of support for what he is doing for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom