Wood that looks like stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm looking for a piece of wood, I'm guessing a burl that looks like stone. Any ideas? My wife won't let me cut a chunk off the corian countertop and I would rather use wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'll let you have that conversation with her :biggrin: I once had my wife screaming,crying, down on her knees, begging. Finally she looked at me and said," Get out from under that bed you coward." :eek::biggrin:

bitshird

Jeff help a fellow displaced Canuck out, whack him off some of you kitchen counter and send it to him, your wife won't mind

[size=+6] MUCH[/size]

bitshird

I'm looking for a piece of wood, I'm guessing a burl that looks like stone. Any ideas? My wife won't let me cut a chunk off the corian countertop and I would rather use wood.

Some of Constant's new Buck Eye Burl looks quite a bit like stone, or there is always Tru Stone Marble. it looks nice, but Constant's stabilized BEB is great

GaryMGg

Rodney once had some Plum burl with obsidian inclusions; he said it was a piece found
near Mt. St. Helen's and was from the eruption.
It was difficult to turn; you had to wear a face mask. :eek:
Plum looks like black cherry so imagine black cherry burl with bits of black glass throughout. :cool:

propencity

I too would recommend the buckeye burl.

Attachments

• 1_Zen_Buckeye_Burl.jpg
    1_Zen_Buckeye_Burl.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 1_BuckeyeBurl4.jpg
    1_BuckeyeBurl4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 130

arkie

Don't overlook the spalted woods. They may not have the swirls, but some of them resemble rock strata when turned and properly finished. First question in my book is - what color?

workinforwood

My counter top is just laminated, and I bet if I hacked off a piece my wife would be happy about it since she is looking for an excuse to replace it! Otherwise...I don't mess with redheads...their too intense.

That Burl that was being sold not too long ago, I think it was Cypress with all the blue's in it..that sure had a stone like look to it. I think that was Rodney selling that.

Top Bottom