Wood Craft puzzle kt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Does anyone know who makes the laser cut puzzle kits that Wood Craft sells? My local WC guys have no idea. I've built several of the colored ones for the Cigar hardware and each time the pieces for the lower barrel when assembled are noticably shorter than the tube. I'm not sure if it's one of our two laser kit guys but if it is I'm sure they would want to know about this. In the past I've "stretched" the pieces apart and it was just barely long enough. Of course you end up with wider and in my opinion not so attractive gaps between the pieces. Last night I decided the largers gaps just weren't what I wanted to represnt my work so I snugged the pieces up tight glued the tube in with one end just close enough to the end to be able to trim and let it stick out the other end. After gluing it up I squared the end and mounted it on the lathe and dressed up the end which had the tube sticking out and glued on a Blackwood ring to finish out the length. It ended up being almost 1/8". It much better than the wider gap between pieces.

Robert Taylor

woodcraft was selling the kallanshaan kits but recently started selling kits from constant at laserlinez.com. if it is a cigar puzzle i'm 99 44/100% sure it is from constant. give him a call. i'm sure that he will help you.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
To the best of my knowledge Constant makes all the new stock laser kits for Woodcraft.
I've made several including, both puzzle and Stars and Stripes, at least one of each and never had a problem.

Top Bottom