Wood Bic Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

I want to make some wood Bic insert pens. Anyone know what size hole I need to drill and if I need a longer drill bit where to get one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have 9 Norseman 5/32 drill bits new 6in long If you cant find them any where else. $4.50 each includes postage if you want one. $3.00 for eachadditional one.

I also have 7/32 and 19/64 6in long bits in Norseman

Mike

Last edited:

okiebugg

vent hole

The drill is a 5/32 and I got mine from Grainger, it was an extra long aircraft bit good luck H

Thanks H, Any idea what size the recess needs to be for the nib to fit?

A 5/32 is all you need, it allows some air space between the cartridge and the pen. it may only be a 1/32 but that is all you need to prevent binding.

Bic pens require a very small pin hole drilled somewhere in the body of the pen. I use a pin vise with a 1/64th bit. Somehow they will lock up and start leaking.

refueler1

The drill is a 5/32 and I got mine from Grainger, it was an extra long aircraft bit good luck H

Thanks H, Any idea what size the recess needs to be for the nib to fit?

A 5/32 is all you need, it allows some air space between the cartridge and the pen. it may only be a 1/32 but that is all you need to prevent binding.

Bic pens require a very small pin hole drilled somewhere in the body of the pen. I use a pin vise with a 1/64th bit. Somehow they will lock up and start leaking.

Thanks for the heads up okiebugg. I will try to remember this tip.

Top Bottom