Women's Pen Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

I'm starting production on a number of pens for Mother's Day. Most of them will be based on the Comfort kit without the grip. The blanks are home casted in assorted colors. The question I have is... a pen that is being made specifically for a women... should it have a clip?

The ones I have sold in the past, to women, have always been placed in their purses wrapped in the velvet sleeve they get with the pen. I don't recall ever seeing a women wearing their pen on their blouse. My wife is a nurse and carries her pens in her coat pockets.

It seems to me that not having a clip would also allow for a slightly greater amount of creative freedom.

What are your thoughts?

rlharding

It isn't about wearing the pen in a shirt pocket, most men don't do that any more either. A clip stops the pen rolling off a table, etc, etc. It's also the age old standard to have a clip on a pen and so one without a clip might be seen as a novelty rather than a functional pen.

scoutharps

I use the cheapie plastic pens at work. I'm a dental assistant, so spraying our pens with disinfectant after using them with dirty gloves for charting is routine. I keep them clipped to the neck of my scrubs when not in use, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time! My good pens I clip to the pocket of my purse so that only the clip is showing, the pen itself is down inside the outer pocket where I can find it, but it is protected. Some purses have little sleeves for pens, but I'm betting only a slim line would fit, if that. May I suggest you go to a big box store and "try on" the pens in the purses? Or send a trusted female, if you don't want some really wierd looks!:D

Top Bottom