Wolverine jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Borg_B_Borg

Good price if it holds, but I bet it will be bidded up quite significantly.

Steve

Originally posted by TexasJohn
<br />For what it is worth, there is a Wolverne jig on ebay right now for $32.05. That is a good price if someone is looking for one.

John,
How about considering that there may be someone who has found that item on ebay by spending a lot of time looking and digging. When you announce that it is there to about a thousand woodworkers it makes all the work effort useless.

Not being critical of you or your post. Not bidding on it myself. But how about some consideration for those who make an effort to find a deal on ebay by not telling the world about it.

I collect a specific Indian tribes pottery. I had people who know me take my ebay handle and start tracking me. Every time I placed a bid on something, shortly after one of those people would place a bid on top of me. They were using my expertise to find and bid on pottery by this particular tribe that most listers don't know what it is. I spend a great deal of time looking at pottery to find these pieces. They were getting it for no effort at all, riding on my back. Try running a search on ebay for "Indian Pottery" and see how many hits you get. I look at every one of them.

I had to do two things to defend myself from this. I had to make my feedback private. I have an extremely good feedback record, now no one can see it. You can go to a persons feedback record and find every item they have bid on and won, find what they paid, look at what it was and see how it was listed on ebay.

Next I had to start employing a sniping tool. I don't bid directly on anything in advance anymore. I place a bid through sniping service that is not entered on the item until the last 10 seconds of bidding. That way the scoundrels can't find out what I am bidding on.

All of this extra stuff is a PITA to have to do.

TexasJohn

Mac - Sorry if my post offended you. It was just an attempt to inform members of THIS group that such an item was available at, what seemed to me, a good price. "But how about some consideration for those who make an effort to find a deal on ebay by not telling the world about it." In my opinion, I was attempting to give consideration to individuals in this group thay perhaps were looking for such an item. The "thousand woodworkers" out there will probably look on EBay if that is what they are looking for. I don't think that the "thousands of woodworkers" will be looking at this site for an item to buy - but I may be wrong. Please don't take you irritation out on me because some others are cutting into your pottery collecting business. I have found that many things in life can be a PITA - if you let them. Texas John

AirportFF

Originally posted by TexasJohn
<br />Mac - Sorry if my post offended you. It was just an attempt to inform members of THIS group that such an item was available at, what seemed to me, a good price. "But how about some consideration for those who make an effort to find a deal on ebay by not telling the world about it." In my opinion, I was attempting to give consideration to individuals in this group thay perhaps were looking for such an item. The "thousand woodworkers" out there will probably look on EBay if that is what they are looking for. I don't think that the "thousands of woodworkers" will be looking at this site for an item to buy - but I may be wrong. Please don't take you irritation out on me because some others are cutting into your pottery collecting business. I have found that many things in life can be a PITA - if you let them. Texas John

Well said.[:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Chill out Mac, the guy is trying to be helpful to the general membership... we all go nuts trying to get our stuff on eBay, that is the price we pay to do online auctions... sometimes you get the bear.. sometimes the bear gets you...
I don't want to even mention how many times I have been outsniped or lost what could have been good deals on old pens... that is my passion.. especially Sheaffer TD and Snorkels..

Ron Mc

Tom,
"sometimes you get the bear.. sometimes the bear gets you" don't you mean "Griz"?[:D][;)]

Apparently there are those who cannot read:

"Not being critical of you or your post. Not bidding on it myself."

I posted an opinion. You don't like the opinion, such is life. Where does it say I am offended? There is something in excess of 2000 members of this web site. I would say that qualifys as, "announce that it is there to about a thousand woodworkers", error being that there are 2000 woodworkers here.

"don't take you irritation out on me", I refer back to the first line of this post.

Please take the time, both of you, to explain why you cannot accept another persons views on a topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom