Wish they sold Zen end caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I like Zen pens,and have 10 different ones done in the 3 different platings on my pen rack.Since the end cap and nib unscrew in just a few seconds,it would be nice to be able to just have to buy the tubes and coupler-ends ,so I could pre-make a bunch of different ones for variety and fun of turning.

If I was selling pens like I hope to someday,that would give the buyers way more choices without having the overhead costs.

With times like now with being money tight,that would be something to do.I know I can do it all with just the tube but that still makes it harder since it takes more assembly.It would be handier to just be able to do a 10 second conversion.

I was woundering if you all that sell pens have stockpiles of already done barrels for the future like that?

I wish our vendors would get with the manufacturers to sell separate parts like that at a reasonable cost.I think there would be a market for it.

Thanks for listening,
Steve

Last edited:

seamus7227

I use to feel like that in the beginning, but I have learned over the last four years that I cant rush quality work. And while customers tend to want something now, majority of the people that i would run into would want me to make a new one from scratch anyway. Its was like the pens I carried on hand weren't good enough cuz they had already been made. So basically I stopped buying a ton of pen kits and making a crap load of them to carry around cuz none of them would sell. Now I will only make 1 or 2 demo pens of certain pen kits and if people are interested, then i tell them the cost and how long it will take me to make it(with ordering all of the supplies figured into the time as well)

Top Bottom