Will This Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Ok so I have an idea about a blank. I am sure one of y'all have done this but I have not. I am thinking of cutting an image out of a wooden blank and then putting some.casting resin in the image I cut out. Can I do this without any special pressure pots or tools or can it be done with regular casting ways. Or is there a different but better idea out there. I know this may be reaching out there for me being a newbie but hey if you don't try you will never know.
Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

It COULD be done as far as I know. You may have to try a couple of times, and not make much in the way of fine details in the cutout. PR is pretty thick and probably won't flow into voids too small. You may wanna put the can of PR in some hot water to thin it up for that pour. I've HEARD that Alumilite works better for projects involving wood, but have not tested it.

xxShadowxx

use a needle or wire to 'brush' it into corners before fully filling
dont worry, you'll mess up the first one, everybody does :biggrin: cept me

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I can definitely be done. I fill inlays with PR, epoxy and polymer clay all the time. No pressure pot needed. Biggest problem is bleeding into wood pores so best to seal with CA prior to filling. Polymer clay is now my favorite inlay material for wood.

I can definitely be done. I fill inlays with PR, epoxy and polymer clay all the time. No pressure pot needed. Biggest problem is bleeding into wood pores so best to seal with CA prior to filling. Polymer clay is now my favorite inlay material for wood.

You couldn't perhaps explain how you do the Poly-clay inlay? something for the Library maybe.

Top Bottom