Will Novus work on Fiberglass ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a very nice fiberglass tub for my house that i got free due to it having a few tiny scratches on it. I was wondering if Novus says it can be used on Fiberglass. Anyone with info. for me, I wanted to get some of this stuff and this will give me even more of a reason to try it out. Thanks everyone, Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

This is from their brochure:

<b>POLISH USES:</b>
Plastic Storm Windows & Skylights
Boat Windows & Fiberglass
Auto Interiors, Gauges, Chrome, & Acrylic Paint
Collapsible Windows on Convertibles & Sport Utility Vehicles
Motorcycle Windscreens, Visors, Fairings & Helmets
Snowmobile Windshields, Helmets, & Hoods
Turntable Dust Covers, Stereo Faceplates
Compact Discs, Video Laser Discs, & CD ROM's
Acrylic Hot Tubs & Spas
Acrylic, Fiberglass or Cultured Marble Tubs, Showers & Counters
Microwave Oven Doors, Decorator Acrylic Refrigerator Panels
Acrylic Aquariums
Telephones, Pagers, Scanners
Acrylic Trophies & Awards
Plastic Display Cases & Signs
Gauges & Instrument Control Panels
Safety shields & Goggles
Airplane Windows
Salad Bar Sneeze Guards
Video Games, Pinball Machines & Jukeboxes
Copiers and Fax Machines
Acrylic Furniture
Cash Registers & Calculators
Emergency Vehicle Light Bar Lens Covers
Acrylic on Tanning Beds

I'm in no rush sir, I won't be remodeling the second bath until late winter if all goes well. I will try it out on some turning once I get it, i will have to read how you guys use it to its best ability. Thanks, Victor

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
If you need even more comfort, the resin in fiberglass is the same stuff many of us cast with to make pen blanks. One of the popular suppliers is none other than mrfiberglass.com

Texatdurango

Originally posted by LandfillLumber
<br />Hello, I have a very nice fiberglass tub for my house that i got free due to it having a few tiny scratches on it. I was wondering if Novus says it can be used on Fiberglass. Anyone with info. for me, I wanted to get some of this stuff and this will give me even more of a reason to try it out. Thanks everyone, Victor
You may have more problems than you realize that all the polishing in the world won't cure.

I come from a background of several years owning a boat repair/custom fiberglass shop and when you mentioned you got a tub free because of a few tiny scratches, I got to wondering.

Generally the surface you see is gel coat which is basically a thick colored layer of resin on top of the fiberglass itself. Can you see a different color in the scratches? Is the tub almond for example and the scratches green or brown? If all you see is one color, you stand a good chance of sanding the area smooth then polishing it out. But, if you see a different color in the scratch, what you are seeing is the fiberglass itself where the gel coat has been scratched off and polishing won't do a thing but expose more of the underlaying color. You will then need to re-apply the gel coat or paint over the scratched area after sanding and smoothing it.

It has not went through the gel coat, thats the only reason I'm going to try this my self(very carefully). I have nothing to lose,right. Thanks everyone as always for great information, Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom