Why Service Pens 2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:eek::eek: Why should we turn pens for Service Pens 2013 ?? Last night I watched a program called "Gater Boys" They go out and remove snakes, gaters, and problem animals from peoples homes and ponds in Florida for free. Risking there lives to save these animals and protect the people they could harm. Last night they had an injured vet who's wish was to wrestle an alligator. Problem was, he had stepped on a land mine and lost both legs and most of his right arm. By the end of the program he was on the back of an 11 foot gater alone with no help and loving every minute of it. This young man (early 20s) could water and snow ski, surf, sky dive, drive a car, and walk on his hands. He had a tremendus outlook on life and did not consider himself a hero, but thought that those who did not give up on him, and saved his life were the real heros. After seeing this young man having only half a body left, and still haveing a great outlook on life that he shares with everybody, I feel very honord to have turned pens for this cause. I thank those of you out there that have also given your time or money to this project, and to Gary for following through with it. !!! For those of us that have all our arms, legs and mind this is a good way to say thanks to those that are risking theirs. If I had the power, I would never see another American come home in a box or with something missing from their mind or body. God Bless our Men and Women that serve, and keep them safe !!!!! Jim S

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonyloam

I read the first few words, and said WTF:mad:! Then read the whole post LOL:biggrin:. It think it should start out "why we should turn service pens...!!" Honor them all.

GaryMGg

Y'all make me proud. :biggrin:
Thank you for helping spread the word and inviting others to participate.
Anyone interested, please click the link in my sig to see the full activity here on the IAP.
Thank you.

plantman

I read the first few words, and said WTF:mad:! Then read the whole post LOL:biggrin:. It think it should start out "why we should turn service pens...!!" Honor them all.

:):) Terry; Thank you for not giving up and reading the whole thread !! I posed the thread as a question and not a statement. I think your idea may have sounded better and I hope my begining didn't keep people from reading the whole thread !! That is the problem with the internet, unless you are talking to a person face to face, you never know in what context something is being said. Been there, done that. Jim S

plantman

:eek::eek: Why we should turn pens for Service Pens 2013 !! Last night I watched a program called "Gater Boys" They go out and remove snakes, gaters, and problem animals from peoples homes and ponds in Florida for free. Risking there lives to save these animals and protect the people they could harm. Last night they had an injured vet who's wish was to wrestle an alligator. Problem was, he had stepped on a land mine and lost both legs and most of his left arm. By the end of the program he was on the back of an 11 foot gater alone with no help and loving every minute of it. This young man (early 20s) could water and snow ski, surf, sky dive, drive a car, and walk on his hands. He had a tremendous outlook on life and did not consider himself a hero, but thought that those who did not give up on him, and saved his life were the real heros. After seeing this young man having only half a body left, and still having a great outlook on life that he shares with everybody, I feel very honord to have turned pens for this cause. I thank those of you out there that have also given your time or money to this project, and to Gary for following through with it. !!! For those of us that have all our arms, legs and mind this is a good way to say thanks to those that are risking theirs. If I had the power, I would never see another American come home in a box or with something missing from their mind or body. God Bless our Men and Women that serve, and keep them safe !!!!! Jim S

Corrected first post. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom