Why I love Craft Supplies USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
While I can't say I'm a regular customer of CSUSA (my local Woodcraft is very convenient) I'll place an order with them every 6 months or so for pen kits that only they stock, or I'll point someone toward their website if they want to select a kit they would like for me to make.
So, back in March, I had ordered eight pen kits, 4 jr Gent rollerball and 4 jr Gent fountain pens, for sets that I like to give as gifts.

So, last night I break out the kits and pick out a pair when I noticed that one of the fountain kits was missing the nib. After searching through all of the other kits I have, scouring my work area and plumbing the depths of the shop vac (just in case) I determined it was lost. I inspected the kit once again and also discovered that I had received two center band couplers instead.

I figured I would just call up CSUSA and see if I can get the nib alone for whatever the charge would be. Since my receipt was long gone and the purchase was 6 months ago.

I called customer service, explained my delimma, the agent was not the least bit concerned that the purchase was months ago, and after confirming the cap type and plating, said she was shipping a whole new kit out asap! No charge, no argument, no nuttin' except a "thank you".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ehickey

I know what you mean. I recently broke the centerband for a Junior Gents II. I called them up and they put one in the mail that day. When I got it, I realized that it was not the right part (perhaps it was for the non-postable version). I called them just this morning; a new one is in the mail. No charge on either, not even shipping.

GREAT customer service.
Eric

mikes pens

I love Craft Supply also! Great service. I can't say that about all the dealers. That is why C is before P in the alphabet and service.

redfishsc

I've had the same issue with a few kits--- missing parts, and once I had a damaged nib feed (it was ridiculously melted from, apparently, the mfr'ing process).

Every time, new stuff in the mail that day. They are quick.

Fred

It is indeed nice to hear about one of our important vendors actually taking the time to remember how important the customer really is. :biggrin:

If one had to try to get the type of advertisement that word of mouth sells, then they had best have a very large bank account with a large advertising budget. In my most humble opinion word of mouth advertising just can't be beat. Now an offer of free ice cream just might be enough to make me reconsider ... that would be Butter Pecan please! :rolleyes:

bitshird

It's good to know that a pretty large vendor operates like that, I've come to expect that kind of service from the smaller resellers but not from a outfit their size.

gmcnut

Hi all,

I am pretty lucky in that if I want something from Craft Supplies they are less than an hour away by car and I just work in a visit when I am going to Provo anyway.

It is a charmed life.....

fyrcaptn

I appreciate this sort of post

Hey y'all
Thanks for posting things like this. I don't order often but its good to know who to order from - and that is the companies that CARE!
No way to know who they are unless we can tell each other. Yet one more reason this is such a great site~
Word of mouth is still one of the best advertising methods. And of course, there are always the companies that seem not to care about customers - that word of mouth sure gets about in a hurry. The recommendation of fellow crafters is something no company can buy, it has to be earned.

Top Bottom