Why are all rollerball kits non-twist pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

I have been wanting to build a rollerball pen that will accept Uniball refills, but I would like a rollerball in a twist pen, like a Cigar or Sierra.
Wondering why all the rollerball kits I find are detachable cap pens some postable-some not I presume.

Would like feedback on which kits you folks would recommend for rollerball's as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Rollerball pens are all capped because rollerball ink dries out and also leaks if left exposed and touching cloth or something.

For a different refill, you can adapt any kit you want.

My favs are jr gent 2 and zen. I also like the stainless rollers, the magnetic vertex, virage, magnetic graduate. And some higher end ones like sceptre, jr statesman.

dtswebb

If you want to get close to a rollerball using a Parker refill, try the Visconti gel refill. I use the 1 mm sepia refill; the line is wet and wide. By far the best refills I've tried. Colorado Pen keeps all colors in stock, as well as both medium and broad tips. I've managed to fool folks into thinking they were writing with a rollerball.

Fish30114

Thanks for the feedback guys, so I guess I'm curious as to whether a rollerball refill would dry out if you put into--say a cigar kit?

If it wouldn't pretty quickly, I think that would be a hell of a market for the refill makers to address--seems to me the drying out issue is simply a question of the ink-or perhaps it's that the ink that must be used to make a rollerball functional needs to be the type of ink that will dry out on an uncapped pen--Is that right?
Dtswebb, appreciate the lead, I will follow up on that.

Fish30114

Kruzzer, What I would be looking for would be the reverse of what you provided a link to!

Lwalper, after looking at those 5th generation refills again, I think the will NOT fit into a 'regular' parker refill requiring pen.

79spitfire

The so-called 5th gen Parker refills don't fit anything except Parker 5th mode or Generation pens.

A custom based on one might be neat, but they are kinda pricey to cut up and make into something else.

panamag8or

Hey gang, I just looked at Colorado Pen, from dtswebb's lead, and I came across a new refill, called the 5th generation from parker. What does anyone know of them. https://www.coloradopen.com/category/5th-Refills-for-Parker
Sounds like they might be pretty cool, looking at the info on them I presume they will fit any pen that takes a standard Parker refill??

Interesting....

Looks like they only fit the Parker Ingenuity line.

Top Bottom