Who sent Murphy to my shop?!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

:(Tonight was a great night in the shop until Mr. Murphy showed up. The story goes something like this.....
Drill blanks, glue tubes, trim ends, put on lathe and finish a beautiful desert ironwood chrome cigar.....then I put on a violet curly poplar.

It started with a little tear out on the top section. So I just made the design a little smaller. I finsihed with MM (why did I wait so long to join that club?). I used my first pearl satin cigar kit. This WAS going to look great. I assembled the lower half without a hitch as well as the upper half. Then I went to put the two together. The black ring on the lower portion of the upper tube would not fit. The inside diameter instead of the usual ~8mm was very small, only about 4mm. Why? I don't know if it was supposed to be for a pencil kit or something.
Oh well, I twisted of the top cap, slid in a screwdriver, held the tube and two taps and the section came out. I cannablalized another fitting from another kit and promptly pressed it into the tube.....guess what I forgot to do??:(:(
I had forgotten to twist the top cap and clip back on so besides pressing in the lower ring, I also pressed the threaded section all the way into the barrel!![xx(][xx(] Now what??

I popped the lower ring back out and put the top clip tube from my cannaballized kit into the tube along with a screwdriver and started tapping(whacking) away. Wouldn't budge. I set it over my open vise jaw only to have the upper tube wood crack and split after a tap. :(

To add insult to injury, when I pulled out the cannabalized kit cap tube , it had split itself in two places.[xx(][xx(]:(:(:(:([V][V] So what did I do.....I cried......so much for my beautiful violet blank and two kits are now scrapped.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kevin M

What ever you do....don't let him pack his bags....he's a bad penny that just keeps coming back![:(] At least he has not been in my shop lately. Let us know if you need money for room and board.

Gary

Originally posted by Kevin M
<br />What ever you do....don't let him pack his bags....he's a bad penny that just keeps coming back![:(] At least he has not been in my shop lately. Let us know if you need money for room and board.

Now that is really good![:)]

dougle40

Knock on wood , he doesn't even know where Canada is !!!!!
Maybe it's too cold here for him !!!!!!! LOL
Please don't tell him that my workshop is heated !!!!

Darley

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />Knock on wood , he doesn't even know where Canada is !!!!!
Maybe it's too cold here for him !!!!!!! LOL
Please don't tell him that my workshop is heated !!!!

I will tell him when he come to visit me [:D]

Serge

PenWorks

Mr Murphy [?] sounds Irish to me, send him to Bill for an Irish blessing. [:D]

Mr. Murphy nows better than to show up at a dego's house, I would shoot his A**

Anthony

ryannmphs

Guess he went to your shop after I refused to let him get me down! Except for loosing one of my bushings for my designer pencils, I've had a good couple of nights in the shop. Even managed to clean up a little (looking for that d@mn bushing).

Mr. Murphy will leave when he is ready, the trick is to just ignore him and move on.

Ryan

Fleabit

Don't worry everyone.....Murphy is my long lost brother that keeps coming back!! Soooo, since he has wrecked havoc on you....I plan on closing my doors and staying out of the shop.....he is obviously heading back home ....sigh....

dougle40

he is obviously heading back home ....sigh....

<b>Oh yea , Who was the wise guy that gave Murphy the directions to Canada ?????</b>[:(][:(]
3 African Blackwood blanks later !!!!!
I had 3 of them blow up during drilling to-day , must have had a small crack in them that I didn't , or couldn't , see !!!![:0][:(][:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom