Who makes synthetic burl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Mike; Other than someone that sells a custom car dash trim kit, there aren't to many places you can buy synthetic burls in any thickness. The PSI blanks are close, but you don't know what you are going to end up with until you turn it to size. Same with most blanks, wood, or synthetic. The surprise is in the opening of the blank itself. Second choice would be a solid synthetic decking material, but the colors and designs are not great for what they call " wood burl". The Lulusoso company in China does make custom synthetic burls in many designs and colors. look up LuLuSoSo.com Suppliers and Manufacturer Catalog, Buy Wholesale Products in B2B Marketplace. to see what they offer. I am sure some of our casters on this site could also help you out with blanks. Jim S

Last edited:

WriteON

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 210

SDB777

Looks like a two-color pour swirled PR blank that other places sell for $3.85....

Burl wood is just that, wood. I've seen some mighty close recreations done in clay, but I would venture to guess that a swirl acrylic blank is just that.....swirled acrylic.

Scott (neat marketing gimmick) B

Top Bottom